
Sometime when we look at a kit, we have nothing in our stash that matches what we want to add, BUT we can use the kit for inspiration to make things for our own kits! I love being able to pull out my stamps and stencils to create something that I don't have!
Here is a reminder what the inspiration kit looked like
Master Forager AmandaA favorite for me is to create at least one background paper - the pink with the yellow heart was a must try. I used a cardstock pink paper, and mustard seed distress oxide through a Hip Kit Club stencil. The yellow looks a little more orange on the pink paper -- but I am OK with that. If you wanted to give this a try, but wanted more of the vibrant yellow - take your yellow ink, and a white texture paste and mix them together before applying!
I also had a lot of fun creating some of the embellisments from the including the strawberries and lemons, and I had a stamp for some cherries - so why not? I used the stamp set from 49&Market and Sissix called Perfectly Imperfect. I love that some of the items came with metal dies to make cutting them out easy! First I choose some inks that would go well with the two strawberries (large and smaller stamp) and the cherries. I choose Festive Berries for the large strawberry, Picked Raspberry for the small strawberry and Lumberjack Plaid for the cherries. I used the packaging technique to add color to white cardstock first, and then used my black archival ink to stamp over top. A few of the berries also have the addition of some Fossilized Amber Spritz added before stamping with the packaging technique too!
I also stamped a few two overlapping color titles.
I also decided to mimic some of the lemons in the kit using the same stamp set. I used Mustard Seed Oxide to add some color to white cardstock with the packaging technque and then stamped with black, and then hand cut them out. I stamoed these just black and white, as there are some black and white lemosn in the kit too. I also felt inspired and did a mini background paper with using the packaging technique with the yellow ink, and the spritz and then stamped the background with a repeating lemon pattern! 
You can see my process for all of the above bits here: https://youtu.be/V4oFYI10qLU
We'll be back in two days with some Mini Kit inspiration. Stay tuned for that and much more.
- 6th - Mini Kit and Project Reveal
- 12th - Challenge #1 Summer Adventure
- 18th - Challenge #2 Let's get a little Messy
- 22nd - Challenge #3 - Let’s Get Sketchy
- 30th - Baby Use Those Scraps
We love to see what you are working on so don't forget to show us on our Facebook Counterfeit Kit Community. Also tag us wiht #counterfeitkitchallenge #ckcAugust2026
Are you inspired to create? I sure hope so!
See you soon! Amanda
No comments:
Post a Comment
Compliance with the new European Union E-Privacy Regulation
If you leave a comment on this blog, you do so with the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog, that you have published your own personal details and that you have consented for your personal information to be displayed.
This blog is currently generated from the USA with contributors from Europe, Australia and the USA.