Tuesday, October 6, 2026

October 2026 - Mini Kits and Project Reveal

Let's face it, we don't  always have time or the inclination to create a full kit, and that's okay. That's the great thing about creating your own kit  Make it work for you. Here's where a mini kit comes in. We have two Master Forger's that will show you how, what's in their mini kit and what they created.. First let's take a look at our inspiration kit:


 

Master Forger Christine 

For October’s Counterfeit Kit Challenge, the inspiration kit is Simple Stories Pumpkins and Plaid, and I decided to pull my Mini Kit from a collection I was already planning to use all month: Vicki Boutin’s Curiosities in Willow Grove. The colors, florals, leaves and generally cozy fall feeling seemed like a pretty good match for the inspiration kit, so I went digging through the collection and pulled together a little kit of my own. No shopping required, which is always a win around here.


A-sides



B-sides


Ephemera and Titles


Layout #1

My first layout features Brooke and Seth in Wisconsin. I loved using the colorful autumn papers and those big leafy patterns to create a page that feels very fall without being all pumpkins and jack-o-lanterns. I followed a sketch from a month-long hop (well mostly!).  I decided to use the floral ephemera pieces on this layout in a visual triangle.



Layout #2

Next up is Seth on a hike. (sorry about the glare!) This collection was perfect for these photos with all the leaves and earthy colors. I used the large leaf paper as the background and added plenty of ephemera leaves around the photos.  Unfortunately, some of my chipboard titles were victims of a feline attack.  So I went back to the collection and found a couple of good title pieces that fit this layout better.  

I especially love the little “Fresh Air” title. Because apparently if you go hiking, you must document that you got fresh air. It's basically scrapbook law.



Layout #3

The final layout is me and Brooke at a wedding in October 2026. I went a little more layered and collage-y with this one, using several of the softer papers behind the photo and adding the mushrooms and little word strips.

I really like that the same kit worked for three completely different stories: a trip to Wisconsin, a hike and a wedding.




And Then There Was Almost Nothing Left

This is probably my favorite part of the whole challenge.  After finishing all three layouts, I had three tiny 1½-inch square scraps left.

That's it.

Three little squares.

I'm calling that a successful Mini Kit.

I love the Counterfeit Kit Challenge because it gives me a reason to shop my own stash and actually use the pretty paper instead of lovingly moving it from one storage container to another. And this month, Curiosities in Willow Grove definitely earned its keep.

 

Master Forger Brandi 

I am definitely in the season of life where I'm spending more time making memories than documenting! So creating a mini kit for some October crafting was exactly what my schedule needed! October is by far my favorite month seasonally and I loved this kit! I decided to lean into the mini-concept and did not pull any 12x12 papers. I grabbed a few partially used 6x6 pads and a bunch of Fall-themed embellishments and loose ephemera to pull together my kit! 





''

I was able to create two layouts using my kit so far! I decided to play along with Days 4 and 5 of the current round of 30 Days of Sketches - and these sketches just happened to be created by two of our Master Forgers, Tara & Amanda! Both my layouts are 8x8 - for a 2025 weekly favorites album! 

Layout 1 




       

Layout 2 







Here's what's coming up: 
  • 12th - Challenge #1: Fall Color
  • 18th - Challenge #2: Plaid About You
  • 22nd - Challenge #3: Let's Get Sketchy
  • 30th - Baby Use Those Scraps

We'd love to see what you create! Share your projects in the Counterfeit Kit Community on Facebook or tag us on Instagram @counterfeitkitchallenge.  #counterfeitkitchallenge and #ckcoctober2026

 Until next time!

Master Forger Laurie 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Compliance with the new European Union E-Privacy Regulation

If you leave a comment on this blog, you do so with the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog, that you have published your own personal details and that you have consented for your personal information to be displayed.
This blog is currently generated from the USA with contributors from Europe, Australia and the USA.