Monday, February 7, 2011

Faux Embossed Metal Embellishments


The "Romance Add On" Kit had these great metal bookplates by Teresa Collins...


I think these are very beautiful.  Irene Tan (aka Scrapperlicious) has an excellent tutorial on her blog at
http://scrapperlicious.blogspot.com/2009/07/metal-look-on-acrylics.html for creating faux metal embossed embellishments.  They are the PERFECT counterfeit of the Teresa Collins' Bookplates!

A variation on this tutorial:
Bethany has also recreated these beautiful frames for her Counterfeit Kit.  She used a slightly different technique.  She cut thin chipboard die cut shapes with her Cuttlebug. Next she dry embossed them, using texture plates and her Cuttlebug.  Finally, she heat embossed them using Silver Embossing Powder...and the result...STUNNING!!!
 

Hope you have fun re-creating the embossed metal embellishments!!!

One more tutorial for "faux mirrored embellishments"...
Thank you to KindleLover...here is a link to her tutorial for the "mirrored" pieces.  She is also doing a give away on her blog for a set of her "faux mirrors"!   http://kindlelover.blogspot.com/2011/02/tutorial-counterfeit-mirror-mosaic.html

14 comments:

  1. These are cool ideas!! Thanks for the tips!! Lovin' this concept and this blog!!! Thank-you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bethany I love yours, and I have all the stuff to make those! WOOHOO!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those faux plates are so very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another way to do these might be to cut them from some embossed grungeboard and then paint, if you had a stack of grungeboard that you never use.....like me ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super easy and awesome looking frames! I have assembled my kit and will post pics later today. I'm so excited to get started!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I definitely want to try this technique! This was one thing my kit was missing. Thanks for the awesome tutorials, ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Marilyn said:
    I have often done this technique for faux metal. A the end, I rub some black distress ink on, then rub it off with a cloth for a more "aged" effect and better depth.

    ReplyDelete
  8. OK, just thought I would see how easy this could get. I just ran chipboard and aluminum foil through my Cuttlebug with an embossing plate and then with a die cut. It looks just like the original kit! Holy smokes! So easy and fab!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great idea for remaking the metal embellishments. I just love all the creative juices. I made some of my own mist! So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are very cool. Thanks for the tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  11. These tips are GREAT! If you're interested in another "faux metal" idea, look here: http://frugalscrapper.blogspot.com/2011/02/faux-metal-embellishments.html

    ReplyDelete

Compliance with the new European Union E-Privacy Regulation

If you leave a comment on this blog, you do so with the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog, that you have published your own personal details and that you have consented for your personal information to be displayed.
This blog is currently generated from the USA with contributors from Europe, Australia and the USA.