Saturday, March 12, 2011

"Wildflowers" Tutorials

Sherri's "Wildflowers" Counterfeit Kit:

"This kit was harder for me to match exactly from my stash, so I looked for inspiration in the kit, then went from there.  As I did with my February kit, I first picked one paper as my focal point and built my kit around that.  I chose the butterfly print first (from the same line as my main kit rub-ons), then chose some basic prints for the others.  I included two printable cards, a woodgrain stamp, and some premade fabric flowers."  For more information on Sherri's Wildflower kit, please go to her blog at http://sherrithompson.blogspot.com/.

Meridy's "Wildflowers" Counterfeit Kit:
I had lots of fun with this kit.  I used lots of new things that I got in JoAnn's new Flea Market line of papers...I couldn't resist buying a few items last month with a Gift Card I received!  Technically, the stuff is from my stash...just my "newer" stash!

Bethany's "Wildflowers" Counterfeit Kit:


"I love the lightness of this kit, but needed to go a bit darker in mine.  Mainly because I am running out of light colored paper that would work.  LOL  The vintage pages are adorable!  I can't wait to decide how to use them!  Check out my Blog for a complet list of my kit contents and more pictures."

Tulle Daisy Tutorial:
Here is a link to learn how to make this flower from tulle.
Tulle Daisy Tutorial


Carnation Tutorial:

Start off with some tulle and a silk carnation.

Pull the carnation apart into layers.

Cut the tulle into circles; layer tulle and carnation silk petals; fasten the entire flower together with a brad; and finally spritz with some Glimmer Mist for a little added color.
Another variation is a paper carnation.  See the following blog for a tutorial:
Paper Carnation tutorial

Printables:
Sign Language Alphabet
Cute Bicycle Printable
Two Peas Free Digital Bicycle Add On
Children Dancing Sheet Music
Maypole Image
Sheet Music

12 comments:

  1. I'm just finding these "extras" right now. What fun. Thank you for all the work and time you put into these kits for us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These kits are very pretty. I am enjoying everyone's diversity as they put these together. Thanks for today's links and tutorials.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm away at the moment - in sunny Italy - so can't join in much until I get back home next week, but wanted to say THANKS for such brilliant tutorials - looking forward to playing along soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You guys are better by far than any kit club imaginable. Every day I log on to see what goodies you have discovered next. I feel like it's the 12 days of Christmas with a daily treat. You guys are the best. Even my wallet would like to say "thank you!"

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with the previous poster! 100 x's better than a monthly kit club. Love the "printable" links and the tutorials!!

    Shara J.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm catching up this weekend with all the tutorials and am amazed with everything you guys have posted. Thanks for making this such a wonderful blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for posting the tutorials! I also love your takes on the kits, they all are so beautiful...similar but different at the same time! Lovely! I was working on my own takes on mini doilies last night. It is so fun to try to create your own variations!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The tutorials are great! I am in love with that tulle flower!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Merridy's "Wildflowers" add on kit is so feminine and so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love how each of your kits is so unique! Great job, ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for the link to the tulle flower tutorial! I made tutus for both of my daughters so I have lots of tulle scraps laying around, and this is a great way to use them! I made a card with the one I made, you can see it here: http://jessica-createandshare.blogspot.com/2011/03/cards-cards-cards.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. Enjoy your blog. Thanks for linking to me on the bicycle ad.

    ReplyDelete

Compliance with the new European Union E-Privacy Regulation

If you leave a comment on this blog, you do so with the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog, that you have published your own personal details and that you have consented for your personal information to be displayed.
This blog is currently generated from the USA with contributors from Europe, Australia and the USA.