Saturday, July 2, 2011

Been caught stealing

We have found another great designer to showcase to you this month as our Guest Designer!  Say a warm welcome to Helen!



Hello! I'm Helen and I'm so pleased and flattered to be asked to be the Guest Designer this month. I live with Patrick and our 8 year old daughter Ellie in Lincolnshire in the UK, with a crazy dog, 3 cute guinea pigs and some (it has to be said) rather dull fish.

I started crafting about 4 years ago, originally through card making and then I got into scrapbooking, and then into sewing, quilting, home decor, jewelery making.....I will try most things. I won't necessarily do them fantastically well, but as long as I'm enjoying what I'm doing that's good enough for me! I think we all need a creative outlet - its good for the soul.

I've really enjoyed taking part of the Counterfeit Kit Challenge - I first found my way here when I was looking at tutorials on making embellishments - I love making my own stuff! Partly because I love a bargain, partly because I can't always afford what I want, but mainly because it's fun!

I've recently rediscovered my scrapping mojo - I'd got stuck and was feeling overwhelmed by the backlog. The Counterfeit Kits have definitely helped me focus and have fun - and if I use up my stash I can buy new stuff, right? There are so many great ideas on here and I love seeing all the different takes on he kits and the challenges - it's really inspiring.

I'm looking forward to this month, to creating pages and to getting to know you all better

Welcome, Helen!  We are excited to have you on board this month!  Now make sure you head over to her blog to say hi!

8 comments:

  1. Welcome Helen! So nice to get to know you. Looking forward to seeing your projects this month.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Helen!! Looking forward to seeing your creations this month!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. alright Helen... can't wait to see what you come up with .... love the vibrant colors you seem to use in your work... i'm a new follower

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your style, Helen!! I'm so excited to have you with us this month!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Helen! You've made some wonderful stuff with the June kit so I'm excited to see what you show us with the July one! (Good too to see a Brit highlighted!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Helen,
    so glad to discover your blog...
    Maggie
    http://passionatelyartistic.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome Helen. I love your writing style! Can't wait to see what you make!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Welcome, Helen! I'm so glad that you love the CFCB as much as I do! Your philosophy about using your stash in order to buy new goodies is fabulous! :)

    ReplyDelete

Compliance with the new European Union E-Privacy Regulation

If you leave a comment on this blog, you do so with the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog, that you have published your own personal details and that you have consented for your personal information to be displayed.
This blog is currently generated from the USA with contributors from Europe, Australia and the USA.