Saturday, July 23, 2011

Master Forger's Gallery Standout Challenge

Guest Designer: Helen
I loved this challenge - after all it involved spending time mooching around on the internet looking for inspiration, something I might just possibly enjoy doing! Being a UK girl I ended up choosing UKScrappers and the wk12 ScrapFactor contest in particular. The talented Jimjams was a great contestant in ScrapFactor and you can see her take on this challenge here - Jim Jams

The challenge was called 1-2-3 - 1 black card stock as a background, 2 photos and 3 patterned papers. One of the contestants (Sutty) had used strawberries on her LO and I'd put fabric strawberries in my kit and had black card stock in my add on kit, so it seemed a good fit. Here's Sutty's layout -UK Scrappers

I managed to follow the challenge except I chose to use 1 photo. I used the fabric flowers and fruit, some of the homemade banners, and ribbon and trims from my kit - in fact everything is from the kit! I'm really pleased with how it turned out - I'd never have used black as a background without this for inspiration, but I will definitely use this technique again. More pictures and info over on my blog if you are interested - Craft Imperfect


Susanne

Kim
Inspiration: 2 Peas Gallery


Crystal

Margie
Inspiration: 2 Peas Gallery


Melissa
Inspiration: Studio Calico

Sherri
Inspiration: 2 Peas Gallery

Bethany
Inspiration: Gallery Standouts: Tiff: A Spider Moment


Gabrielle
Inspiration: Scrapbook.com Gallery



Meridy
Inspiration: Two Peas Gallery

2 comments:

  1. Oh my! These are beautiful! I wish I had had time to scrap this month - such inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These all look great, but I love love love the Studio Calico inspired one by Melissa - right onto my Pinterest!

    ReplyDelete

Compliance with the new European Union E-Privacy Regulation

If you leave a comment on this blog, you do so with the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog, that you have published your own personal details and that you have consented for your personal information to be displayed.
This blog is currently generated from the USA with contributors from Europe, Australia and the USA.