Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Crystal's Process

[45852_146716445350235_100000356422701_297360_4970046_n.jpg] 

 
How do I start a layout? In order to figure this out I actually sat down a did a layout like normal and took notes. Here is what I found. I can only start a layout one of two ways: either with photos or a sketch. If I have the photos then almost always a sketch follows and if I am starting with a sketch then I must find the number of photos the sketch requires. 

Next is picking out my background which most likely is a neutral cardstock, kraft, black, white or cream.

I then pull three to four pattern papers that pull colors from the photos or go with the location/season I am working on.  I am a stick and go girl. I fiddle for about two minutes and then have found that I usually go back to my first instinct so I am trying to get better at that aspect. 

After I adhere my pattern paper, then I place photos making sure to leave room for my title and journaling. Now I go into my stash and pull embellishments, thickers etc for title or design and cut title with Silhouette. Last is adhering journaling, although I usually hand write it once before placing it on the page. 

So there you have it my simple scrapping process. Do you have to start with photos? Or do you prefer to start with pattern paper or a new embellishment? 

I hope you are enjoying your holidays, see you in the new year!

2 comments:

  1. That was a great idea to actually complete a layout to figure out your process! I like how you keep things simple, as I tend to make it way too complicated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did exactly the same thing :-) Though my process can change from layout to layout, it was interesting to see that there is a common pattern a lot of the time! thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete

Compliance with the new European Union E-Privacy Regulation

If you leave a comment on this blog, you do so with the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog, that you have published your own personal details and that you have consented for your personal information to be displayed.
This blog is currently generated from the USA with contributors from Europe, Australia and the USA.