Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Jemma's JUNE Kit

[Avatar+B%26W+2+%28120+x+120%29.jpg]

When I first started scrapbooking I was drawn to papers and embellishments that I saw in other people’s albums which, I realise now, were already “old”.  Not having a nearby local scrap store, I did quite a bit of on-line shopping and found plenty of these supplies in the bargain sections … and of course if you buy more then you get “free” shipping!  I felt I needed a fair amount of cardstock, paper, brads, buttons, ribbon, fibres, die-cuts, rub-ons, chipboard, stickers, etc etc to be able to imitate the pages I was inspired by.  Cue a large amount of fairly out-of-date stash that didn’t necessarily go with any of my photos or my yet-to-fully-develop style of scrapbooking!
 
I don’t have a problem scrapping with “old” stash; soon enough ALL the pages in my albums will feature “old” supplies because they’ll be … old pages!   It’s nice to buy new-to-me supplies occasionally BUT, as I still have a fair amount of my original purchases kicking around, I need to make more room before flexing my credit card.  That’s why the Counterfeit Kit Challenge Blog is so great: it positively rejoices when we dig out our “old” supplies and get them onto pages and into albums.

I think I have surpassed myself with this Summer Vacation Page Kit by including Doodlebug supplies from 2003 (I started scrapping in 2006!), and KI Memories lace cardstock from 2007.


Perfect colours for sunny sea- or pool-side holidays:
Bazzill Corduroy cardstock
Doodlebug Blue Jeans/Swimming Pool Mega Stripe paper
Doodlebug Double Takes alpha stickers
KI Memories Lace cardstock
Buttons, ribbon and Papermania washi tape

I’ve used the kit with a recent sketch from Creative Scrappers


Pop over to my blog today if you want to see the final page using photos from 2004! 
Can you make a page with supplies from before you started scrapping?

2 comments:

  1. Jemma, I too have become more discerning as to what I purchase, as I develop my personal style and discover more about how I like to represent my memories. I moved several times between 2005-2008. (Started scrapping in 2006.) When I finally opened my photograph to unpack them in the final location, I discovered a scrapbook album and some paper that I have no memory of purchasing. I have used the album and the paper, so no, I no longer have supplies that I bought before I started.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job using older supplies you've had for years! Your sketch is great, I love how it uses multiples photos!

    ReplyDelete

Compliance with the new European Union E-Privacy Regulation

If you leave a comment on this blog, you do so with the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog, that you have published your own personal details and that you have consented for your personal information to be displayed.
This blog is currently generated from the USA with contributors from Europe, Australia and the USA.