Friday, December 4, 2015

Document December with Stephanie: My Kit

Hello everyone & welcome back to Document December. This year, for the very first time, I've decided to try my hand at December Daily. I'm combining the Ali Edwards method (taking at least one photo each day; documenting everyday moments throughout the month) with the Shimelle method (storytelling … lots and lots of journaling). I'll be putting everything together in a 6x8 holiday binder from Simple Stories, and I've stocked up on coordinating page protectors. 


I admit, most of the products I'm using for my December Daily are new releases - terrible, I know, but I just couldn't resist splurging on some of the lovely new collections that are in stores! If you're interested in seeing all of the new products I'll be using, you can check out the blog post I wrote over on my personal blog. For my counterfeit Document December project, though, I decided to create a mini kit using Christmas and holiday-themed goodies already in my stash. Here's what I pulled together … 


I had two goals in mind while pulling together my mini kit … First, I knew it had to coordinate with the new releases I purchased, since they would all be going into the same album. Second, I wanted it to include lots of smaller embellishments since I will be using this mini kit to create journaling cards and pocket fillers (more on that tomorrow). I ended up with lots of red, white and green and the embellishments include sequins, tiny label tags, stamps and small circular stickers.

Stop by tomorrow to see this kit in action! 


Merry Christmas, Stephanie 

7 comments:

  1. Looks intriguing! Especially like that you added stamps & inks.
    Enjoyed your personal blog post as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't feel bad about your new, trendy purchases. Your mini kit of older stash keep you true to the CKC method. And mixing it with new will give the album and up to date flavour. Adding something new is one of the things I picked up from the Master Forgers hop where you each shared a tip on kit creation. And since most of my purchases are from clearance outlets, everything that is new in my stash is old in the industry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've got some fun things in your add-on kit. Plus, using old stuff balances out the purchases of the new, right?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. New is fun, old is virtuous! I love to mix it up. Your kit looks great and I love the addition of all the mini-mini bits and pieces

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your kit! Our approaches are similar-I tend to mix the Shimelle and Ali approaches as well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's a beautiful, little 'add-on' - I love it!

    ReplyDelete

Compliance with the new European Union E-Privacy Regulation

If you leave a comment on this blog, you do so with the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog, that you have published your own personal details and that you have consented for your personal information to be displayed.
This blog is currently generated from the USA with contributors from Europe, Australia and the USA.