Friday, December 11, 2015

Document December With Susanne: My Project

Hello again, Susanne, back today with the reveal of my Document December project.

Here’s the kit I revealed yesterday:

santas list 2

And here is what I am using it for:  TO PLAN MY DECEMBER
I have made 4 x 6 and 3 x 4 pocket cards to list all the chores and the activities, step-by-step that I need to accomplish to be ready for Santa’s Big Day.  Like Santa, I am making my lists, and checking them twice.  Here’s how it looks sitting in a pretty little basket:

01-DSC04209




 

There are cards for preparations, gift giving, sending greeting cards, decorating, etc.  There are also a few cards for taking notes of things as they happen.  I can slip the gift lists into a 4 x 6 photo holder to carry in my purse when I shop.  When Christmas is over, I can take some of the cards and pair them with pictures to fully document what happened in my project life album for December.  How is that for planning ahead?  Are you wondering yet what’s gotten into me?  I am.

I started using the cards in November, and I can tell you that so far, they are working pretty well.  I'm getting a kick out of date-stamping things as they are accomplished.

I still have a few bits and bobs of the kit left, so I am also toying with the idea of making a few tags too.  I want to use up as much of this as I can, because I have plenty of other Christmas papers if I want to do layouts after the holidays.

So how is that for making the practical pretty.  Not to mention, planning now and documenting later.  Santa would consider me a very good girl. Check! Check!



12 comments:

  1. Wonderful! This is a project that really speaks to my list-loving heart - will be trying this next Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhhhhhhh this looks amazing!! I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cool :) Santa would be proud :) I did love the cover with the banners and the clock a very nice touch :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So great- love what you did with the cards and how you are using it to be all organised! Will you put them all into a mini of some sort at the end of the Christmas season?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Always nice when the utilitarian is a thing of beauty.
    Your planner craze has served you well!
    Loved hearing what a thrill it was to date stamp the DONE items, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic project! You are really rocking the cards this year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I *love* planning, so this really speaks to my heart!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So funny that it's been sitting there so long and they are just lovely. How long did it take to complete? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I spent a couple of hours arranging photos and cards into the PL page protectors. I already had the photos printed. Unfortunately some of those cards never got written on, my planning was either spotty or my documenting was. In either case, it was better recorded than most any other Christmas I have scrapped in quite a while. Those cards that were journalled on, are finally now interspersed with my December photos for that year. Some of the unused ones just became background cards for smaller photos. And a few I just tossed. So happy to have this finished, at last!

      Delete

Compliance with the new European Union E-Privacy Regulation

If you leave a comment on this blog, you do so with the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog, that you have published your own personal details and that you have consented for your personal information to be displayed.
This blog is currently generated from the USA with contributors from Europe, Australia and the USA.