Thursday, December 15, 2016

Followers of Christmas Present by Lisa


I'm excited to be back today to highlight one of my all time favourite Counterfeit Kit Challenge followers, Sherrie Breese, also to be found at Sherrie's Muddle Puddle blog here

Sherrie and I "met" some years ago now while we were LOADing. And we clicked right away. She's so thoughtful and creative and immensely funny. She often makes me smile with her smart blog posts and it's so great that she came to the Counterfeit Kit Challenge and found a home here too.

It's always a delight to see her contributions in the Link-Up page and when the dark Canada nights set in, she can scrap up a storm with her wonderfully overladen kits.

This year she's been quiet on the scrapbooking front while she set up a community thrift shop in her local town of Athabasca which is a great success. So while we miss her creativity - although she jumped right back in in November - we know that her talents are being used in a supportive, caring way and we salute her contribution to the local community!

However, when I looked back over her creations here at the Counterfeit Kit Challenge, a few projects jumped right out at me!

These two photos came from a blog post in March where she shared how she stores her large CKC kits until they are used up and the clever idea of having a photo of the kit so that she can match them up with her photos when she sits down to scrap. I have to fish through all the boxes on my shelf to find the one I want so this might be something I copy next year.



This time last year, Sherrie was inspired by our December projects to create this gorgeous mini book ready for all her Christmas memories. The original blog post in January 2016 is full of photos of all the beautiful pages in the book as well as very detailed explanations of how she put this treasure together.


After a summer hiatus, she was back in October to tell us all about her counterfeit of the modern Indigo Hills collection picked out by Master Forger Susan. This was her lovely kit which really sums up many of the details of the original kit and remains true to Sherrie's own eclectic style. Check out her detail-full blog post here.


This forgery of one of the original Pinkfresh Studio papers is truly inspired! So close to the original


And something that Sherrie does very often is make up little pocket page cards, tags and page embellishments such as these which are just so pretty. I've been lucky enough to receive some of these through the post and they are as gorgeous in real life as in this photo!


And just to finish off, I'd like to highlight how Sherrie is always game to take our inspiration and ideas about items to forge for her own kits and the results are always fantastic.

These trees inspired by an idea Lynnette shared for the November kit are just so gorgeous. 



Of course, I'd love to highlight dozens and dozens of our loyal followers and I just want to let you know that you are all special and important to us. So consider yourself hugged by me - every single one of you! We wouldn't be doing this if it weren't for you.

I have a second slot later this month where I'll be giving a shout out to another faithful follower but in the meantime, come back tomorrow for my future plans!


Lisa!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for sharing some of Sherrie's fantastic ideas. I'll keep a lookout for her in 2017 :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This morning I have been working backwards through the CKC blog to catch up. Imagine my surprise when I found this post, honouring my efforts. I am humbled by your kind words, Lisa. I promise to work hard to live up to your opinion of me and am recommitting myself to you all in the new year.

    ReplyDelete

Compliance with the new European Union E-Privacy Regulation

If you leave a comment on this blog, you do so with the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog, that you have published your own personal details and that you have consented for your personal information to be displayed.
This blog is currently generated from the USA with contributors from Europe, Australia and the USA.