Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Memories of Christmas Past by Clair


Hello! Happy, Happy Holidays! Today, I'm happy to be sharing some of my memories of Christmas Past and what better than to share some a selection box and some Christmas leftovers?

Our kits for Christmas Past were meant to be small and easy to use - ideal for creating at such a hectic time. So, I returned to my selection box (well, files) of leftovers from my Counterfeit Kits. (You can read more about how I store them on my blog, Obstinate Pursuit.)

Having stashed away the remainder of my Document December Kit from 2015, it felt fantastic to haul it out and, after all that time tucked away, it felt fresh and exciting to create with it once more.


I cut two of the remaining cardstock pieces down to 6x8; layered up some of the scraps in a fairly simple fashion; then added some random photographs from my 'winter' stash of untold stories.


Once the images were on, I added a few final touches with some washi, embellishments and a little bit of stamping. Starting with the supplies is a fantastic way to create more quickly, because you aren't lost in how best to tell the story. Just stick, stamp, sew!


I'm thrilled to have final documented these small stories at last. And I might even add to them before the end of 2016. You see, there's still a wee bit of that kit left!

Clair x

4 comments:

  1. A very smart and time-saving idea - love your pages too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute layouts and great way to use up that stash :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wondering how you use/store 6x8 layouts. Do you have albums that size? Are they for a mini book project?

    Your succinct use of the KISS approach is commendable. Keep It Simple Sister!

    ReplyDelete

Compliance with the new European Union E-Privacy Regulation

If you leave a comment on this blog, you do so with the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog, that you have published your own personal details and that you have consented for your personal information to be displayed.
This blog is currently generated from the USA with contributors from Europe, Australia and the USA.