Wednesday, December 28, 2016

The Expectations of Christmas Future by Margie



Looking ahead to the coming year...
I have been thinking about my crafty goals for 2017, and here are just a few of them:

Cleaning and organizing my craftroom, coming up with some new decor ideas for the old window I have in there:
Like this:


http://www.thebudgetdecorator.com/11-creative-projects-with-old-windows/
Or this:


I also am planning to do a photobook of Project Life made strictly in the Project Life App. Here's and explanation of the process by Becky Higgins herself: http://beckyhiggins.com/scrapbooking-success/ I have done a bunch of Project Life pages for 2016 in the app and had them printed to put in my regular album, but for 2017, I think I will just make the pages in the app as the year progresses, and have a photo book made from the pages at the end of the year. 






My style is not as clean and simple as hers, but it looks amazing, right? And I love the simplicity of the app- it's perfect for those days when I spend an hour or two waiting at soccer or basketball practice, and so easy to do with the help of my Google Photos app and my ipad mini!

Of course, I don't think I will ever give up "regular scrapbooking", as I love the tactile element, the craftiness, and the beauty of putting pretty papers together, but this is a great way for me to get those memories on paper before I forget them.

So for my paper scrapping plans, I have a couple of vacation albums to make, on for the trip my son and I took to Washington DC at the end of May, and of course, my most recent Disney trip (although I may do a photo book for that as well -there's so much awesome Project Mouse inspiration out there!)
Here's a book that Steph from Capturing Magic created on her phone:


I'm also working like mad to complete my December Daily album, and my goal is to finish by the end of January.

What about you? What are your crafty goals for the upcoming year? I do hope you will make kits and pages to share with us!

5 comments:

  1. Margi, you are so ambitious! I admire your practical approach. Using the down-time to work on a photo book sounds like a win-win.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Margie I love the window art, if I only had a window in my room. I have to check out the google photo app. Good Luck on your 2017 goals.
    Cindy F

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful goals and I have the same goal to finish my Dec Daily by Jan 31, 2017 :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love the new Project Life Photo Books. I'm not sure that they would work for me, but I love how accessible Becky makes scrapbooking and memory-keeping. I hope you end up with a beautiful book to look back on.

    Good luck completing December Daily. I'll be working on mine, alongside you, during January! x

    ReplyDelete

Compliance with the new European Union E-Privacy Regulation

If you leave a comment on this blog, you do so with the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog, that you have published your own personal details and that you have consented for your personal information to be displayed.
This blog is currently generated from the USA with contributors from Europe, Australia and the USA.