Wednesday, January 24, 2018

January 2018 - Follower Showcase!

Without Master Forger Susanne's (we still miss her!) "Snippets from my Scrap Studio" column, the blog feels a little quiet between Challenge #2 on the 18th and the sneaks that we give you at the end of the month.

What we need is to spread a little - or even a whole lot of - love around and this is exactly what I intend to do.

So I'd like to highlight our new Counterfeit Kit Challenge follower - well, she's been "lurking" in the background for some time but we are so happy that she's stepped out into the light! - and new kitter, Doreen! You can catch up with her and all her wonderful creations over at her blog: Doreena's Place

Back on 1st January, when we showcased our first kit of the year, Doreen commented: "I have never played along though I have wanted to.... I think its because I'm not 100% sure how to. But I'm going to try this year, and even if I make mistakes, I will just learn from them!" Wow, we love comments like this. Someone just ready to fall in love with the kitting process and willing to just go for it! We are always excited to hear from people finding us for the first time or trying out our concept!

The community immediately made her feel welcome and reminded us all that there are no rules here - everyone approaches their kit making and project crafting differently! We just love it when people create kits they love, using loved but maybe forgotten stash they have in their craft area, to make layouts and projects that are equally loved. All that love gives us the smiles!

Doreen has jumped right in and produced so many wonderful projects in the first few weeks of the year but I wanted to highlight her wonderful first ever kit, "Newbie":



She gives us a full run down on her blog about how she approached the process and the fun she had, finding and picking out the embellishments. I think this is a totally wonderful kit and by the looks of all the projects she's shared in January, she had a lot of fun using it. Yeah!!!

Head on over to say hi to Doreen and check out her wonderful creations - she's pretty prolific so you might need to grab a drink and get yourself comfortable!

Now, we're counting down to Julene's pick for the February kit! Are you ready and excited to get going again with a new set of supplies? Come on back on 1st and watch out on IG and FB for the sneaks. It's a good one so you won't want to miss out.

Find us on Facebook - Counterfeit Kit Challenge community - or Instagram (@counterfeitchallenge & #counterfeitchallenge)

8 comments:

  1. Well, what a surprise...first IG and then this... I feel famous(is this my 15 minutes?! LOL) Thank you for the feature! I plan on playing next month and (hopefully) creating more from my kit now that I have a better understanding of how this challenge works!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We loved that you jumped right in and got going! A worthy highlight! thanks for a great January :-)

      Delete
  2. Congratulations on being showcased, Doreen! I love your kit. And I have visited your blog several times already this month (before this) and love your creations. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A well deserved shout out! You have reminded me how exciting it was to start playing here at CKC back in March 2012 :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad! It was exciting for me also... can't wait until next month (tomorrow!)!

      Delete

Compliance with the new European Union E-Privacy Regulation

If you leave a comment on this blog, you do so with the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog, that you have published your own personal details and that you have consented for your personal information to be displayed.
This blog is currently generated from the USA with contributors from Europe, Australia and the USA.