Tuesday, November 6, 2018

November 2018 - Mini-kit reveal and projects

Welcome back to more inspiration.

Maybe November is busy for you and you don't have time to pull together a full kit. Or perhaps you know that you won't have time to create much at this time of year and a large collection of products will just not get used up. Or maybe you have a bunch of unfinished kits on the shelf that you'd rather use up for full pages but you want to bring together some new products to satisfy your creativity.

Then a mini-kit might be the thing for you in November.

You might want to make a page kit, a card kit, just a small selection of supplies for a single project, a mini-album kit, something for your Project Life - or anything in-between!

First up, let's remind ourselves once more about the original, inspiration kit from Citrus Twist Kits (Little Things from October 2018). 


And now let's see how this has been interpreted by Master Forger Susan and myself.

Susan's autumnal mini-kit was inspired by her interpretation of the tiny floral print in the Citrus Twist kit:


She made this page, inspired by one of the scrappy trends of 2018:


You can find all the details, along with a second layout, on her blog here.

I decided to once again head for my Project Life album to see what was missing for 2017. There are three months still to be done which is pretty good as far as I'm concerned although of course, that means that 2018 is totally unstarted! And I recently noticed that I still have a pile of memorabilia from 2017 that I've forgotten to include. On my list of things to do!

I took a loose interpretation on the original kit and just picked out some papers and products with the main colours of aqua, yellow and pink. It looks big but I won't be needing all of it - probably! There are two sheets of full size paper, a handful of pocket cards and then a few embellishments. I also picked out a few items with words which reminded me of the veneer words in the inspiration kit.


Now, I did make a full kit too if you remember so I decided that I would just start the first page of the month to share with you here. Time is running after all!

I'm keeping this month simple and expect that I'll need a couple of extra pages for our road trip after Christmas. I'm not including anything specifically Christmassy but making sure there is lashings of gold to unify the spreads. I like using these unusual colours for Christmas and hopefully I can get this month completed really soon. Then it's just May and June left to complete!

A few extras might have found their way in here which is totally normal for me and goes along with my "no rules" way of creating.


You can find out more detail shots over on my blog :-)

Guest Designer Alex has also had a go at a mini and project! She is rocking it this month!
And for Alex, this really IS a MINI kit - everything is relative! Ha ha :-)


Alex told me, “I decided to base my mini around Citrus Twist’s “Little Things “ Pocket Life kit to go along with the main inspiration kit chosen for November. 

Since there were no full 12x12 sheets in the kit, how was I going to make a full layout?  Please head on over to my blog to see how I did it”


She makes me laugh - isn't she fun?!?! Check out her blog Pink Crafty Mama here.


Don't forget that there's more to expect as November goes on so don't miss any of it!
  • 12th & 18th November - Challenges 1 & 2 will nudge you to use your kits using our challenge prompt and inspiration from the team
  • 15th and 30th November - {Killing Kits Series} to help you make the most of those kits, right to the very last scraps!
We love seeing your work, so be sure to share your kits and projects with us. You can do this by using the Link-Up page here on the blog, posting in the Counterfeit Kit Challenge Facebook Community Group or on Instagram (find us @counterfeitchallenge and share with #counterfeitchallenge )

Happy creating!


Lisa

2 comments:

  1. Always love seeing the mini kits - even an occasional maxi-mini! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. MF Lisa, MF Susan, and GD Alex: thanks for the sneak peaks to your mini kits and projects. I'll be checking out your posts next! Appreciate the motivation!

    ReplyDelete

Compliance with the new European Union E-Privacy Regulation

If you leave a comment on this blog, you do so with the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog, that you have published your own personal details and that you have consented for your personal information to be displayed.
This blog is currently generated from the USA with contributors from Europe, Australia and the USA.