Tuesday, April 2, 2019

April 2019 - Just the Gist of It

Welcome back!  

I hope you had a chance to hop through our reveal blog hop yesterday and saw the kits that our awesome Master Forger team and Guest Designer Debbie curated, and that you're now ready to start putting together one of your own.

Sometimes, as much as we love the original inspiration it can be difficult to know where to begin.

Colour? Pattern? Product? Theme?

Well, I'm here to help and I thought I'd share an approach that you might want to consider when gathering the supplies to make your March CKC kit.

Here's our inspiration:

Hip Kit Club March 2019 Main Kit

It can be especially hard to know where to start when you have a large kit with lots and lots of influences such as this one which has 11 double sided papers as well as a smattering of embellishments. The colours are bold, the patterns are quite large and there's a definitely "feel" to the kit. So where to begin?

Now, usually when I go through the process of distilling the essence of a kit, I tend towards the general colours and patterns on the papers but I thought that it would be fun to pick another element from the kit for you to focus on today.

Mostly the kit includes Heidi Swapp and Crate Paper elements but there's also a Hip Kit exclusive pack of die cut ephemera which contains all the main elements of the kit: colour, patterns, motifs, design, words and whimsy.

The photo below isn't perfect as I've cropped it from the main kit photo above but let's have a peek.


You can find the colours that sang out to me when I saw the kit originally: bright green, soft pinks and blues, different shades of yellow, a stronger blue and a sprinkle of black and white. I think there's probably some gold in there too and you know how I love some gold in my kits!

Then you can also pick out the whimsical elements that are replicated in the papers and Thicker words elsewhere in the kit: flowers, parasols, butterflies, foliage, bows and all things summer.

Last but not least there are some leaf prints, some stripes, some water colour effects and some strong blocked colours.

When you break down the die cut elements this way, I think you can get a good feeling of the patterns and colours you might want to aim for when shopping your own stash.

I really hope this gave you an idea for where to start this month! Now let's getting shopping!


Don't forget that we love to see your kits and projects so you can show us through:


Thanks for stopping by today - I'll be here again tomorrow with some ideas 
to help you put together your kit!

Lisa

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Compliance with the new European Union E-Privacy Regulation

    If you leave a comment on this blog, you do so with the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog, that you have published your own personal details and that you have consented for your personal information to be displayed.
    This blog is currently generated from the USA with contributors from Europe, Australia and the USA.