Wednesday, January 1, 2020

January 2020 - Counterfeit Kit Challenge kit reveal and blog hop


Can it really be 2020 already?!? 

Well, it's the 1st January so it must be and I've decided that I'm ready for the year to begin. Let the craftiness begin.

It's my turn to pick and organise a kit to kick the year off and I think I've picked a good one! Because we don't do a December kit, I really thought it might be nice to feature a kit that could be good to shift out of the real Christmas colours into winter shades if you wanted to but for those of us who are ready to scrap Christmas photos that we took just a few weeks earlier, then a Christmas kit could be useful. A good all rounder!

Therefore, here is the Counterfeit Kit Challenge January inspiration kit courtesy of Citrus Twist - Christmas Stories 2019 kit (with bundled album)


And you can find an unboxing video here if you need more detail!

This month, we are delighted to welcome Melodee as our Guest Designer! 

"Hi from Kentucky! I am thrilled to be January’s guest designer, but I was nervous about it since I am technologically challenged 😂. I hope that I contribute something positive to this group of wonderful scrappy ladies. I started scapbooking in 2002 when a coworker started selling CTMH. I made a mother daughter theme album as a surprise for my daughter’s 30th birthday. I have about 18 on going albums since every family member has their own. Scrapbooking is my decompression time! I want to thank everyone for their inspiration and I hope everyone has fun this month!"



You can find Melodee in our Counterfeit Kit Challenge Facebook Community or on Instagram where she'll be highlighting her January kit today!

Our blog hop looks a little different today!

Head over to IG to see what Melodee (her account here) has created and then on to Cindy on her blog (here). We are also premiering Tara (on her blog) Shannon (on YouTube) and Tracey (on her blog) as they present their first official Counterfeit Kit Challenge kit today!

The official blog hop list looks like this:
And of course, don't forget that we'll be back throughout the month to give you some tips, ideas and challenges as you put together and use your kit. 

Here's what we have coming up this month:  
  • January 2nd: I'll be back with a "Just the Gist" post to help jump-start your kit-making. 
  • January 4th:  We'll have our "Forgery on the Fourth" post where the Master Forgers will reveal how they created their own version of some of the items in this month's kit. 
  • January 6th: We'll reveal a couple of mini-kits and projects, in case you're a little limited for time this month and would prefer a more petite kit. 
  • January 12th & 18th:  We'll give you two challenges to help you use the kit you've made. 
  • January 24th: I'll be showcasing one of the CKC community who's caught my eye this month 
  • January 30th: We'll be offering another installment in our Killing Kits Series to help you find ways to use up all of your kit. 



We always love to see your work, so please share your kits and projects with us. You can use our Monthly Link-up page, post them in our Facebook Community, or share them on Instagram (we are @counterfeitkitchallenge or tag us using #counterfeitkitchallenge and #ckcjanuary2020). 

Thanks so much for stopping by! We can't wait to see your kits and projects this month!


Lisa
xxx


3 comments:

  1. Welcome Melodee Looking forward to seeing your creations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great kit! I might even jump in and play...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a fantastic choice for the first kit of the year!

    ReplyDelete

Compliance with the new European Union E-Privacy Regulation

If you leave a comment on this blog, you do so with the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog, that you have published your own personal details and that you have consented for your personal information to be displayed.
This blog is currently generated from the USA with contributors from Europe, Australia and the USA.