Monday, July 6, 2020

July 2020 - Mini Kit Reveal & Projects

Are you feeling overwhelmed by the idea of a big kit this month? Perhaps you just want to pull together a few products to get those creative juices flowing again. Well, maybe a mini kit is the answer.

Today we'll be sharing a couple of mini kits, created by our Master Forgers, with some projects to give you a little inspiration!







Master Forger, Clair

Well, it was really, really difficult to create a mini kit for this month because I loved the kit that I chose for the month and wanted to make my own MASSIVE version of the kit. But, I also knew that I wanted to work on 'Christmas in July' this month (and I have some stash set aside for that!)


So, I decided to base my mini on the Garden Party Pocket Cards - and found a little small, stack of black and white Pocket Cards in my stash from Elle's Studio, Felicity Jane and Ali Edwards. Then added a small selection of embellishments from Felicity Jane. I also included some white cardstock, because when do I not?


And, then I took an odd turn with my mini. My main focus for the summer is to finish off my December Daily album from 2018 and work on my unfinished Project Life albums (so, so many) but where I always fail is with the journalling. I decided that I'd focus on that for this month's mini creation. So, here's some words ....


And, then a little bit of colour, where I've included some of my Pocket Cards into my December Daily. I can't wait to finish it and I'll share more of it with the Facebook Community. I'm a truly happy with how versatile a neutral kit can be!



Master Forger Lori - I could have easily made a big kit based on the inspiration kit as I have a ton of black and white papers. I tried to keep it at a minimum and compared to most of my kits it is a mini! I have plans to make several cards, a traveler's notebook spread, and a traditional 12x12 layout, and a Project Life spread with this month's kit...now to find the time to get it all done! 

Here's a look at my kit:


I have included 6 patterned papers, 3 cut apart sheets, a black alpha, and a white alpha, black & white die cuts with a few grey ones mixed in, some Project Life cards, and washi tape for a bit of color. I also had to make a small add-on kit to get some color choices added in.

Here are a couple of cards that I have made so far:


You can see these cards and my add-on kit on my blog here.

We'll be back later this month with more ideas and challenges, as you put together and use your kit. 

Here's what we have coming up later in the month: 
  • July 12th & 18th: We'll give you two challenges to help you use the kit you've made. 
  • July 24th: I'll be showcasing one of the CKC community who's caught my eye this month.
We always love to see your work, so please share your kits and projects with us. You can use our Monthly Link-up page, post them in our Facebook Community, or share them on Instagram (we are @counterfeitkitchallenge or tag us using #counterfeitkitchallenge and #ckcjuly2020). 

Thanks so much for stopping by! We can't wait to see your kits and projects this month!

Clair xxx

3 comments:

  1. Lori, I love your mini kit and how you've chosen your washi based on the colours in the Jen Garfield sheet! Love it! 💕

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a whole shelf of albums that each have a post it on the spine saying 'needs words'.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both of these are lovely. Well done ladies.

    ReplyDelete

Compliance with the new European Union E-Privacy Regulation

If you leave a comment on this blog, you do so with the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog, that you have published your own personal details and that you have consented for your personal information to be displayed.
This blog is currently generated from the USA with contributors from Europe, Australia and the USA.