Monday, November 23, 2020

November 2020 - Follower Showcase

Wow, the month is drawing to a close pretty quickly and today's the happy day I get to showcase one of our awesome followers who's caught my eye this month over in the Counterfeit Kit Challenge Facebook community (find it here). This is one of my favourite parts of organising the kit month :-)

First up, a quick reminder of this month's inspiration from the Hip Kit Club (October main kit


When I was scanning through the community, Maureen Kane really jumped out at me because she had created not only one main, gorgeous, huge, scummy kit full of fabulous items, but also an equally lovely mini-kit as well! But it was also the fact that Maureen told us that she's been absent from the CKC community for 7 years and this was her first month back in the family! I loved that! It's always so great to hear about people finding us again after a time away and getting inspired to kit up again. That's such a validating thing for us to hear and I was thrilled that she had been so inspired by my kit selection this month. :-)

Look at her wonderful main kit that she broke down into different themes and colour schemes. 





And here is her adorable mini-kit! I love that I can see so many familiar patterns and embellies from back in the day and it makes me want to get out my own scallop edge papers that have not seen the light of day for some time! Maybe 2021 will be the year of vintage product scrapping. I feel very inspired by Maureen's selection.


And when I contacted Maureen, she told me that she hadn't let CV-19 hold her back and she's been scrapping up a storm even though she hadn't had the chance to go out and collect photos for her pages. Instead, she's been creating pages with blank photo holders so that she can quickly finish them off when she's able to get some photos printed. Genius! 

This adorable double-page Halloween layout is so cute with all the themed pages - really love the orange and black emphasis with just a hint of subtle green in the misting. It's a long time since I made a Halloween layout ;-)


And this layout gave me all the feels with that wonderful vintage My Mind's Eye doily print and the scallop edged circular paper - I'm pretty sure I still have some of that in my own stash somewhere!



I hope you've enjoyed my favourite month of the year so far and I'll be back at the end of the month for Killing Kits where I'll share an idea or two for using up the bits and pieces that might be left in your kit box at the end of the month.

As always, we are shaking things up for the end of the year and will be offering inspiration of a different sort in December so I do hope you will join in! 

MF Leslie will be leading us all in a creative direction for the month and she'll tell you all about it in a few days.

Don't forget that we are always happy if you are inspired by previous months and if you still want to kit and create in December, there are plenty of inspirational seasonal kits featured over the years - you might want to check out November and January kits from previous years 

;-) 

We always love to see your work, so please share your kits and projects with us. You can post them in out Facebook Community, or share them on Instagram (we are @counterfeitkitchallenge or tag us using #counterfeitkitchallenge and #ckcnovember2020).


Thanks and enjoy!
Lisa :-)


1 comment:

  1. How nice that Maureen is back in the fold. That mini-kit is right up my aisle so I enjoyed seeing her work this month.

    ReplyDelete

Compliance with the new European Union E-Privacy Regulation

If you leave a comment on this blog, you do so with the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog, that you have published your own personal details and that you have consented for your personal information to be displayed.
This blog is currently generated from the USA with contributors from Europe, Australia and the USA.