Thursday, May 6, 2021

May 2021 - Mini Kit reveal and Project

Welcome back to today's post and it's all about going small!

Perhaps you don't have time to do a full kit or maybe you just like certain aspects of the kit? Then a mini kit maybe the answer for you!

We'll be sharing a couple of mini-kits created by our Master Forgers Clair and Lisa with some projects to give you a little inspiration!

Our Inspiration Kit:

Eat , Play, Love.

Master Forger Clair

So, I have a confession. This month's mini-kit is a little bit of a 'cheat'.

I knew this would be a difficult month for me, as I don't normally use a lot of red and I have none in my main stash. While I knew I could find florals in my stash - I've used a lot of them recently and really wanted to use something that felt a bit different. And then I remembered - I had a kit with red, yellow, green and turquoise. A kit that included some florals and some food related elements. A kit that felt a lot like a warm, cozy home. Yeah, it was a Christmas kit!

I loved the Sparkle & Joy Kit from Citrus Twist the moment that I saw the reveal but, for many reasons, December 2020 was a bit of a doozy and I didn't even work on the foundations for a December Daily album, let alone finish! So, I have a full kit, with a stamp set, album and some lovely little extras from my Christmas stash and, oddly, I feel ready to do some Christmas scrapping! Maybe you'll join me? 

I made a little start on some foundations over the last weekend. (Yeah, that's right. While everyone else was creating lovely 'May Flowers' layouts for INSD, I was scrapping Christmas!) Here's one that I created with a cut-file from Holiday Cheer by Kerry Bradford Studio.

Hopefully, I'll be able to share more as I work with the kit this month, so do follow me over on Instagram, if you would like to see more.


Master Forger Lisa

I did a lot of head scratching while I waited for inspiration to hit me for my mini-kit. I wasn't sure if I wanted to make another of my swap mini-books, a page or perhaps something different. I wasn't sure about what supplies I had in these three colours and I wasn't sure about going down the farm kitchen route although I knew I had some October Afternoon which I totally adore and have been hoarding for years. 

So even though I wasn't sure about what I wanted to make, I felt pretty sure I would be able to pull a kit together.

And then suddenly I had a lightbulb moment and ran to my paper supplies and pulled out the section which has October Afternoon and Cosmo Cricket together. I rummaged through the papers until my eyes fell on the perfect papers for my mini - the beloved Dutch Girl from Cosmo Cricket! I had had to have this whole collection at the time it came out but it was too precious to use up! I still love it but my style has definitely moved on so it's time to cut into the collection pack and make something.

I pulled out a handful of papers, the tag shapes, the giant alpha and the cute chipboard alpha from the collection and then went online to get some card making inspiration. 

And then I spent a few hours, just cutting and layering and tying and sprinkling with a few (extra to my kit) enamel dots. 

A bunch of sketches were found at Craft With Sarah and also Paper Play Sketches which were printed out and will be kept for the future too. I tend to make the same card design all the time - varying it up with different papers but the basics are pretty similar. So I was determined to change things up and these sketches were perfect!

10 cards later and I'm so pleased! I followed about 5/6 sketches and then just went freestyle with a couple.

I've added everything back into the collection but I honestly think that I should use it all up for cards or maybe even back to my mini-album idea! I know it's a hint dated but I can honestly say that I love this collection almost as much as day 1 back in 2007!




There's plenty to keep you inspired this month so don't forget to come back here regularly for ideas and challenges. The month is going to look like this:

 

  • 12th & 18th May: Challenges #1 & #2 - to inspire you to get creating from your own kit
  • 24th May: Follower Showcase - who has caught our eye this month
  • 29th May: June Sneak Peek on social media
  • 30th May: Killing Kits - An idea or two for using up the bits & pieces left in your kit box 

 

We always love to see your work, so please share your kits and projects with us. You can post them in our Facebook Community, or share them on Instagram (we are @counterfeitkitchallenge or tag us using #counterfeitkitchallenge and #ckcmay2021).


So happy to have you here with us.


Julene

No comments:

Post a Comment

Compliance with the new European Union E-Privacy Regulation

If you leave a comment on this blog, you do so with the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog, that you have published your own personal details and that you have consented for your personal information to be displayed.
This blog is currently generated from the USA with contributors from Europe, Australia and the USA.