Friday, August 6, 2021

August 2021 - Mini-kit Reveal & Projects

It's mini-kit time. Sometimes a full kit just isn't your jam! It could be that you have other things on your agenda but still want to fit in a little creative inspiration. Maybe you've got other supplies calling your name but a newly selected group of supplies is really appealing. Maybe you just haven't got the energy for a mega kit. This is for you. Master Forgers Laura and Lisa are here today with their "mini" kits (always relative of course!) and the projects they were inspired to make.

First up, a reminder of our inspiration kit this month by Dani Peuss in Germany:

Dani Peuss May 2021 main kit

And now let's see what our team have created!

MF Laura: "I decided to go with a physical mini kit this month. I love all things Heidi Swapp, so this month's kit was perfect for me. I also love her memory planner/Stop The Blur way of documenting everyday stories, so in true counterfeit kit fashion, I have started my own version! 

My mini kit will be perfect for documenting the everyday. 

I also pulled out some really tiny scraps (because I can't throw anything away!) and made some mini embellishment clusters to co-ordinate with my kit. 

I can't wait to put it to good use."



 MF Lisa - I had several of the Heidi Swapp papers as well as the die-cuts and sticker book which I could have just used to form my mini-kit but I decided to challenge myself a little more and use the "High Tide" collage paper as my starting point à la "Just the Gist of It" suggestion back on the 2nd!

I started with the vellum which is part of the Heidi Swapp Carefree collection, then added in the cloud paper by Crate Paper and completed it with two floral papers from two Echo Park collections - Our Wedding and Coffee With Friends. I felt like the papers formed a good combination and they brought out the colours that caught my eye on that original sheet of paper. Sometimes it's hard to see where the inspiration kit is but I have to say that I can totally see it! I also knew that the b-sides could come in useful too (pink, grey etc) which is a bit of a cheat but is always at the back of my mind.

I added in a Pinkfresh Studio alpha in rose god which matches the rose gold on the vellum and then finished off with a pack of die-cuts by Vicki Boutin and the Heidi Swapp sticker pack from the Carefree collection. I was quite proud of myself not to include anything from the original kit but to find items from that main collection which could complement the other items! In the end, I did dip into the HS sticker book but as I always say, "my kit, my rules!" It feels quite large for a mini-kit but I wanted to make a layout and I'm never one to use only one or two papers.

To make it easy for myself, I decided to pick out a sketch from the Simple Scrapper membership (where I'm on the Creative Team) and also one of their Story Starters because I had decided to print out a bunch of photos from our Mother's Day dinner in 2021. And that meant a double spread which I'm never so sure about. The sketch gave me an anchor point and made the process really easy.





I included some photo flaps so that I could include all the shots I wanted but they appear to be sticking off the page somewhat. I guess they will flatten down inside the page protector but I clearly need to practice this technique so that this isn't so obvious! 


We've got challenges and highlights still to come so don't forget to come back!

  • 12th & 18th August: Challenges #1 & #2 - to inspire you to get creating from your own kit 
  • 24th August: Follower Showcase - who has caught our eye this month 
  • 31st August: Killing Kits - an idea or two for using up the bits & pieces left in your kit box 

You KNOW that we always love to see your work, so please share your kits and projects with us. You can post them in our Facebook Community, or share them on Instagram (we are @counterfeitkitchallenge or tag us using #counterfeitkitchallenge and #ckcaugust2021). 


 Thanks so much for stopping by! We can't wait to see your kits and projects this month.

Lisa


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Compliance with the new European Union E-Privacy Regulation

If you leave a comment on this blog, you do so with the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog, that you have published your own personal details and that you have consented for your personal information to be displayed.
This blog is currently generated from the USA with contributors from Europe, Australia and the USA.