Tuesday, March 1, 2022

March 2022 - Just The Gist Of It!

Hi!  Master Forger Tara here!  As you know, I did the March Inspiration Kit Reveal yesterday.  Are you stuck with what to do with your own stash?  Do you not like the inspiration kit?  Are the colors just not your thing?  Never fear!  We can talk about those things and help you to find a kit that suits you the best for this month!  First, let me remind you of the kit that I chose!


 There are a lot of different colors in this kit!  Let's see if we can break them down for you into a color palette!  I use a color palette generator tool here. Here's the color palette that the site generated for me:


I found it really interesting that the generator took out the pink from the kit!  Look at those colors it did pull though!  Super bright and happy colors!  Maybe this color palette will help you to choose your kit.

One of the ways that I start my kit is by looking at the patterned papers first.  


I try find a paper or two that I have that is an exact match.  However, in this case these are all Citrus Twist Exclusives and I don't subscribe to their kits so I don't have exact matches, but that paper on the bottom row, third from the left really reminds me of a PinkFresh Studio The Best Day paper that I do have.  So, that's where I started! 

 

 Once I pulled that paper, I looked at the patterns of the rest of the papers and saw:

  • large daisies
  • pink houses
  • smaller daisies
  • text paper
  • grid
  • two stripes
  • diagonal stripe
  • pink flowers
  • 2 tone on tone prints

Those icons on the original papers gave me a Go To place to begin my search into my stash for papers that would one: go with that PinkFresh Studio paper I had already pulled and two: would work for the photos that I have printed and ready to scrapbook for this month!   

Where do you go next?  I tend to make a list of the embellishments in the kit and add similar stuff.  

  • labels
  • ephemera
  • puffy heart stickers
  • chipboard stickers
  • gold puffy alpha

Sometimes, I go totally rogue and add things from my stash that go well with my paper and that I would really like to use.  That's what I did this momth!  I really hope seeing where I start when I begin to curate a kit will help you find papers and embellishments that you are going to enjoy making into a kit to use this month!  Make sure you check out yesterday's blog hop because the Guest Designer and other Master Forgers are amazing at putting together a kit from their stash!  

DON'T FORGET ABOUT THE GIVEAWAY FROM OUR LOVELY GUEST DESIGNER!

Let's see what we still have for you this month!

  • 4th March - Forgeries on the Fourth
  • 6th March - Mini Kit and Project Reveal 
  • 12th March - Challenge #1
  • 18th March - Challenge #2
  • 24th March - Follower Showcase
  • 31st March - Killing the Kit 
We always love to see your work, so please share your kits and projects with us. You can post them in our Facebook Community, or share them on Instagram (we are @counterfeitkitchallenge or tag us using #counterfeitkitchallenge and #ckcmarch2022).
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Compliance with the new European Union E-Privacy Regulation

If you leave a comment on this blog, you do so with the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog, that you have published your own personal details and that you have consented for your personal information to be displayed.
This blog is currently generated from the USA with contributors from Europe, Australia and the USA.