Monday, March 6, 2023

March 2023 - Mini Kit Reveal & Projects

Sometimes you just don't have the time or motivation to make and use a full kit. No problem, you can make a mini kit! 
Our Master Forgers Lisa, Misty and Laura are here to get you started.

Let's have a quick look again at the inspiration kit this month - "Time to Thrive" by Traci Reed.

MF Lisa: I thought about making a mini-album but after a less than successful LOAD in February (I only managed 11 layouts in total), I decided to make another page kit from my huge Mabel kit and tell another of my "28 Days of Mabel" stories.

Looking at the original kit, I decided to go with the yellow, blue, green colour scheme with a red/pink heart paper which could be useful and matches the inspiration. I also decided that the floral embellishments, labels, twine bows and banners were good things to include and I liked the idea of hearts, florals, stars, leaves and dots so made sure my papers or embellishments highlighted those parts of the inspiration as well. I brought together some papers (all of which are partial sheets), some tags left over from last month's mini, alphas, some floral die-cuts and a handful of dies to make some extra embellishments if needed. My "Mabel kit" is full of peach, lemon, pinks and soft pastels so it was interesting to sort through and find some items which didn't exactly fit that colour scheme and was pleased with the resulting kit. It looks bigger than it really is! I might squeeze out two pages but this was really only designed for the one.

As I've been doing recently, I also added in a sketch, some photos I wanted to use and the story I wanted to tell before I considered my page-kit to be completed. The story to tell featured Mabel's friend - a black Labrador - so I felt that this stronger colour scheme would work well and still fit into my album of mostly softer shades.

The sketch was adapted for my 12x12 preference and the two photos. However, I still think the little line of tags is super cute and the addition of some leaves and flowers, as well as keeping those stronger shades to smaller proportions, keeps the layouts looking sweet and girly! They are both gorgeous "little" girls after all!

I'll post some extra, detail shots on my blog here

Master Forger Misty: Was inspired to make a simple page kit. Her photos were neutral in color so she felt she could freely choose from the inspiration. She went with a navy floral (combining two ideas from the inspiration), a coral rainbow shaped print (again combining ideas) and a star print with a rainbow tail. Embellishments were hearts and labels plus some pattern paper to cut apart images & words. All of this had a "take care" theme to it with a nod to Traci Reed's self care theme.

And here is the page she made with these products.

Master Forger Laura had this to say about her mini kit:

My kit may not look mini, but the papers are. I used papers cut down to 6x8 size and a couple of 6x6. I included the embellishments I made myself, mostly out of scraps. I enjoy using the smaller sized papers and seeing how far I can stretch them. I made a card using my kit.



Here is what the rest of March's month of inspiration will look like:
  • 12th March - Challenge #1 - To inspire you to get creating from your own kit.
  • 18th March - Challenge #2 - To inspire you to get creating from your own kit.
  • 24th March - Follower's Showcase - who has caught our eyes this month.
  • 31st March - Killing the Kit - an idea or two focusing on using up the bits and pieces left in your kit.

You know that we always love to see your work, so please share your kits and projects with us. You can post them in our Facebook Community or share them on Instagram (we are @counterfeitkitchallenge or tag us using #counterfeitkitchallenge and #ckcmarch2023).Thanks so much for stopping by! We can't wait to see your kits and projects this month!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Compliance with the new European Union E-Privacy Regulation

If you leave a comment on this blog, you do so with the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog, that you have published your own personal details and that you have consented for your personal information to be displayed.
This blog is currently generated from the USA with contributors from Europe, Australia and the USA.