Tuesday, February 6, 2024

February 2024 - Mini Kits Reveal and Project

 Is a full-sized kit not your thing? Or perhaps, you have a vacation planned this month to beat the winter blues & won’t have much time to craft. Whatever the reason, there’s still inspiration to be found for curating a mini-kit from your stash to play along with us! 

As a reminder, here is the kit we are focused on this month: 


Master Forger Laurie is providing us with the mini kit project for February! You can find more of her work here

I’m a more is more kind of gal so making a mini kit was a challenge for me. I saw two possibilities with this month’s kit. The browns make me think of Autumn; the blues and yellow of Spring. I chose papers mostly from the browns and blues with a pop of yellow. Since I already had the sticker book, 6x8 paper pad and an embellishment pack from this collection I included those in my kit along with some 12x12 papers, random alphas, enamel dots and titles from my stash.  I even included metal dies. Spoiler alert, I only use one. 




 I created 7 layouts and 4 cards. I sometimes start with a sketch, but don’t always stick to it.

That raincoat embellishment just had to be used with this photo.


I used stamps to create coffee stains and spills.
 

 

       I was so happy to finally use the wood veneer title on this Thanksgiving layout.


I used a die for my part of my title.
 

I used different word phrases to create my title.
 


I used a grid style layout for this one.
 


I’m not typically a card maker, however it’s a great way to use scraps.
 



 12th February - Challenge #1

 18th February - Challenge #2 

 22nd February - Challenge #3 Let's Get Sketchy Challenge 

 24th February - Follower Showcase

 26th February - March Sneak Peek

 27th February - Challenge #4 Baby, Use Those Scraps Challenge

Feeling inspired? Come share your work with us! Join our Facebook Community Group or you can also follow along with us on Instagram by tagging @counterfeitkitchallenge and using #ckcFebruary2024!! See you next time!

Master Forger Brandi 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Compliance with the new European Union E-Privacy Regulation

If you leave a comment on this blog, you do so with the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog, that you have published your own personal details and that you have consented for your personal information to be displayed.
This blog is currently generated from the USA with contributors from Europe, Australia and the USA.