Tuesday, March 5, 2024

March 2024 Mini kit reveal and project.

  Is a full-sized kit not your thing? Or perhaps, you have a vacation planned this month to beat the winter blues & won’t have much time to craft. Whatever the reason, there’s still inspiration to be found for curating a mini-kit from your stash to play along with us! 

As a reminder, here is the kit we are focused on this month: 

PARASOL 12 x 12 Kit – Citrus Twist Kits


Master Forger Tara
 
 I have never had the mini kit duties and honestly, I wasn't sure I could pull it off because I normally make HUGE kits!  However, Master Forger Julene sweet talked me into doing it for March so I have given it my best shot!  So, while this may NOT be your idea of a mini kit, trust me when I say it's MINI.  I pulled from my stash of Bo Bunny papers from the same collection as in the original kit.  I also used a Maggie Holmes patterned paper that was very similar to the one in the inspiration kit and came from my February CKCB kit. One less patterned paper to put away, right?  I added two sets of phrases and a mini alpha.  My floral embellishments are actually flowers that I fussy cut from a Maggie Holmes patterned paper that I had set aside to use "someday".  Well, someday is this month!  I also pulled some bits and pieces from another Crate Paper set of ephemera, some twine and trim, and some of my wonderful labels that I use all the time.  That rounds out my kit.
 

Here’s my layout that I created with my mini kit:

You can watch my process video HERE.

I also created a second layout using my mini kit and today’s sketch from 30 Days of Sketches with Christy’s Beautiful Life. Here is the process video for this layout.
 


Master Forger Jody

I am so excited to share my first Mini Kit! As Tara said making a mini kit is not easy! I enjoyed going through my Maggie Holmes stash and other Crate Paper pattern papers. For some embellishments, I grabbed a few things from my American Crafts stash. I feel I leaned towards to brighter colors. I will always have mixed media in my kits. I have my trusty Distress Oxide inks, a few glazes and some Pink Fresh Studio stamps and stencil. 
 



With Spring on our doorstep I knew I wanted to make a mini album. I took the beautiful yellow, blue, and green colors to make layered butterflies from a Paige Evans cut file. Then I made album pages. I did use a few Silhouette Design Store cut files, but you could use punches or a paper trimmer. Using my handy Mini Cinch Disc tool, I had a bright and pretty mini ready to fill up in no time! I decided to use this mini to keep my YouTube process videos organized! Wish me luck!  


As March goes on, I will share how this mini album gets filled. Organizing my checklists should be simple and fun!


I love a good pocket in my mini albums. I will use this one to store my checklists.  



I did not embellish every page. I wanted to give myself enough room to add my ongoing checklists.  


I could not waste one of the butterflies, so I attached it to the back for a pop of color.  




Do show us on the Facebook group what you have made for your mini kit.

Here's what we have in store for you for the rest of the month:

 12th March - Challenge #1

 18th March - Challenge #2 

 22nd March - Challenge #3 Let's Get Sketchy Challenge 

 24th March - Follower Showcase

 26th March - April Sneak Peek (on the FaceBook Community Group)

 29th March - Challenge #4 Baby, Use Those Scraps Challenge

We’re always so happy to see what our followers are inspired to create! Share with us in our Facebook Community Group or you can also follow along with us on Instagram by tagging @counterfeitkitchallenge and using #ckcMarch2024!! See you next time!

Julene


No comments:

Post a Comment

Compliance with the new European Union E-Privacy Regulation

If you leave a comment on this blog, you do so with the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog, that you have published your own personal details and that you have consented for your personal information to be displayed.
This blog is currently generated from the USA with contributors from Europe, Australia and the USA.