Friday, October 18, 2024

October 2024 Challenge #2 Use Denim on your project

It's time for our second challenge of the month! As a reminder, our inspiration kit for this month is

                                                                 An Autumn Tale: Chilly Breeze                                                                                                                                                                          


The inspiration kit has a lot of denim in it, so I thought it would be fun to use denim on your project somewhere, either use a piece of denim paper and make a pocket or other embellishments, or you could even use a real piece of denim fabric for some fun texture. I am excited to see what everyone makes.

 Master Forger Vikki

I used one of my forgery "denim" pockets on my layout for this challenge.  I tucked a 3x4 journal card in the pocket for my short journaling. A few sunflowers and enamel dots completed this quick and cute layout.


Master Forger Cindy

I started by making a template for my pocket, a 4x6 pieces of cardstock, folded one end on the four-inch side together and cut the pocket shape.  Now that I have the shape I like, I cut it out of the blue paper and decided on the orange brads for the rivets in the top of the pockets. I used the colored pencils to draw in the stitching lines.  I used the white cardstock journal spot and the Jillibean soup letter for the title to tuck into the pocket. I didn't like the It's a beautiful day stamped on the white cardstock, so I stamped on vellum and used clear embossing powder on it. I then folded it over the top of the pocket and glued the flap down. I used foam tape underneath the pocket.


Master Forger Brandi

A great piece of pattern paper from Mintay's "Garage" collection was the perfect choice for this challenge! 



We hope you'll stick around for the rest of the month, here's a look at what's left!
  • 22nd October - Challenge #3 Sketch Challenge
  • 24th October - Follower Showcase 
  • 28th October - November Sneak Peek (on Instagram and the Facebook Community)
  • 30th October - Challenge #4 Baby, Use Those Scraps Challenge

Show us what you've got! We love our followers! Make sure that you come hang out with us on the Facebook Community GroupYou can also catch us on Instagram by tagging #counterfeitkitchallenge and #ckcoctober2024 

Happy Scrapping!

JoJo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Compliance with the new European Union E-Privacy Regulation

If you leave a comment on this blog, you do so with the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog, that you have published your own personal details and that you have consented for your personal information to be displayed.
This blog is currently generated from the USA with contributors from Europe, Australia and the USA.