Friday, August 1, 2014

August's Counterfeit Kit and Blog Hop!


Welcome to another great month of being creative and being the keeper of our memories!  It is back to school month for us.  Remember the good old days where we would think that  meant more time to create?  LOL  Ahhhh...those were the days.  I tend to volunteer a bit too heavily (my kids still request it and I want to take advantage of them wanting me around), but hope to make sure I carve out some time for myself this year.  

We have a vaguely familiar Master Forger with us this month...what was her name again?  Wait...I know this one....Oh, yes!



Hi, everyone! Some of you may remember me as someone who was once a die-hard scrapper and stamper. At one time, I dedicated many hours each week to being creative and working for various manufacturers and design teams. Life throws you some major curveballs sometimes, though, and I found myself with less and less time to be creative. I even took an entire year off without even going into my craft studio. Recently, though, I found myself settling into all of these changes and really MISSING all of the crafty things that I used to enjoy so much. So I pulled out a few supplies (I recently moved and hadn't unpacked any crafty stuff) and made a card. That led to more cards, some tags, and even some layouts! So even when you think your craftiness has packed up and left, don't give up. If it's something you enjoy, do it for you!

For your own crafty pleasure, you can see what Sherri is up to on HER BLOG.

Our kit this month is a special pick of mine.  I fell completely in love with it when I saw it and just stopped looking at any other kits. Take a good look at Studio Calico's Penny Arcade.  I LOVE the color combinations...that corally/off red is really sweet.  They have 3 kits (main kit, card kit, project life kit) as well as add ons, so GO TO TOWN!  LOL




So now that you know your assignment, let's check out the great kits our Guest Designer and Master Forgers have put together.   Let's give them some love when we head over to their blogs, too!

Order of the Hop:
Guest Designer:  Sherri:  http://sherrithompson.blogspot.com



I would also like to WELCOME BACK Margie as a Master Forger!  

Margie graciously put together a kit LAST NIGHT for us so she could play along for this month.  Nothing like Speed Kitting to get out of the box, use what you have and pull together a GORGEOUS kit!  Here is her kit, but make sure you go to HER BLOG to welcome her back!



**I'm so happy that our Master Forgers enjoy their time here and want to come back.  I do think this is a rather nice place to be.  Be on the lookout for some surveys that we will have SOON as we now have a full team and have some ideas for how to shake things up and make CKC even better!  And we want to hear from YOU!**


********************************************************************************


Now, how can YOU participate?  Go to the sidebar and use Mr. LINKY to link us to YOUR kit or project using your kit so we can leave you some love!  We will make a brand new Mr. Linky for each month, so get your blog posts linked ASAP!

To make Mr. Linky a little easier for us to use, please type your name and then a description of what you are linking (ie: kit, mini challenge, ect).

We also have a Flicker group, if you don't have a blog, but would like to share your creativity with us!  CKC Blog Flicker Group

If you take a peek at our side bar <<<<<<<<  you will see links to our Facebook and Pinterest, as well.  We hope to see you hanging out at ALL of those places.

We also have a new twist on our Follower Blog Hop for this year!  I hope you like it!

End of the Month Blog Hop:
On the 24th of each month we offer a blog hop opportunity to all of our followers!  A chance for you to show off a special project made with your counterfeit kit for that month.

Here is how it will work:
Your Blog Hop Project may be from any of the 3 challenges we offer throughout the month.
Your project must be something new that you have not shown before and only post for the hop.

To be a part of our blog hop:
1.  E-mail us your name/blog address/promise to participate at counterfeitkitchallenge@yahoo.com  BY THE 18th!  (No late requests will be able to join this time due to the work it takes for us to get it put together.)

2.  You will receive  an e-mail from us by the 20th with a list of the hop participants.

3.  You will need to schedule your own blog post showing your project based on this challenge and links to the person after you in the hop.

4.  All Blog Hop posts will need to be scheduled to go live on the 24th at 12:00 A.M. Mountain Standard Time (Arizona)

6 comments:

  1. French toast, maple syrup, there's a sub theme going on here....loved the hop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome Sherri and Welcome Back Margie - a fun-filled hop!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome Sherri ! and Welcome back Margie :) It was a fantastic hop ladies I enjoyed seeing it all I took quite a few tips for each of you this month lots of light bulb moments :) It's gonna be a fun month

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous colours in this kit!! I'm back to play again, I completely lost last month (July workwise is a horror to try scrap within) Anyway..... Yay to Margie being back!!! ANd congrats to Sherri... love her kit! Now off to see the others!! (THen try start on my own!!! )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just finished the hop, and it was fantastic! great kits and lots of inspiration. hope to play with you girls this month :).

    ReplyDelete
  6. late to the party of catching up with all the scrummy kits out there this month. man, there's a whole LOT of inspiration. Good job i made my kit before seeing all the others or I'd be making a whole handful of inspired kits!

    ReplyDelete

Compliance with the new European Union E-Privacy Regulation

If you leave a comment on this blog, you do so with the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog, that you have published your own personal details and that you have consented for your personal information to be displayed.
This blog is currently generated from the USA with contributors from Europe, Australia and the USA.