When making a batch of cards, it's great to have a card making kit. So what have I found in my stash to put together and craft with?
- My starting piece was a sheet of house paper from Amy Tangerines's Ready Set Go, that I pulled for my November kit, but didn't use.
- Country feel papers to match from the Pebbles paper pack by Front Porch.
- sheets from an old DCWV 6x6 textured card-stack
- Bricks embossing folder by Darcie. There was a sample piece of co-ordination card stock included with the folder, and it colour matched nicely. I ran it through the embossing folder and sanded the raised areas.
- Red & Green ribbon
- Papermania mini brads and buttons that I've had for years.
- Stamps & Rub-ons.
- Wooden keys
- Card blanks.
I made a set of wooden house embellishments for my kit from some scraps of marquetry wood I inherited. You can find a tutorial on how I made these over on my blog.
This is the first card I have made using the kit, only it's already been whipped off my desk and given away. If you come back tomorrow I'll show you the rest, and share some places where you can get free templates for some extra special New Home Cards.
Happy crafting, and be blessed.