Monday, August 1, 2016

August 2016 Counterfeit Kit reveal

Happy August everyone, Lisa here.

Summer is in full swing right now, and I know that many of you are busy out there making memories with less time being spent kitting and creating, but that doesn't mean we don't have a fabulous kit to inspire you with. 

Living over here on this side of the ocean, I knew that I wanted to pick a European kit for your delectation and I've selected the March 2016 kit from Papier Werkstatt which I instantly fell in love with.






Obviously, the Papier Werkstatt is in German and you can find some more photos over there at this link (click to get a larger sized slide show). But to help you along the way, we've also created a Pinterest board with the individual items in the kit (some of the cardstock and the handmade paper aren't listed). You can find the board here.

With it's gentle colour scheme and focus on kraft papers with the tiniest hint of pink and pastels, I think this makes a great contrast to last month's gloriously bright, summery colours and patterns.

This month, I'm delighted to have Karen Lai, aka Pinky Crafter, with us as our Guest Designer.


Hi, my name is Karen Lai and I am from Toronto, Ontario. I was born and raised in Malaysia but I moved to Toronto after I got married four years ago. I started my crafting journey as a card maker and started scrapbooking in 2013 and I am totally hooked! In my papercrafting journey,  I am currently venturing into more mixed media techniques. I love trying new techniques and incorporate them in my cards and layouts. Other than crafting, I love watching chick flicks and Asian dramas. 

Welcome Karen, thrilled to have you here! 


The blog hop order looks something like this!


So, what's next for you?

If you're feeling a little unsure where to start, come back tomorrow (2nd) for Susanne's "Just the Gist of It" and then return on the 4th for "Forgeries on the Fourth" for ways to make your own versions of various kit items. Then on the 6th, 12th and 16th there will be challenges to get you using your supplies. 

It's going to be a great month, so grab your papers and your German dictionary (no, just joking!) and get going. 

We'd love you to share your kit and your creations over at our Link-Up page and don't forget the Member Blog Hop on the 24th. 


***** MEMBER BLOG HOP ***** 


Don't forget that we *LOVE* it when you join in the fun and sign up to be on our member blog hop on 24th! 
Find out how below!  
Go on, you know you want to! 
Your project should be something new, using a Counterfeit Kit Challenge kit, that you haven't shown before and will only post for the hop. Be inspired by any of the challenges this month or just share something you've created with your kit. Remember, the more the merrier and it never fails to be a lot of fun! 
To be a part of our blog hop: 

  • E-mail us your name & blog address & promise to participate at thecounterfeitkitchallengeblog@gmail.com by the 18th August.
  • You will receive an e-mail from us by the 20th August with a list of the hop participants.
  • You will need to schedule your own blog post showing your project based on a challenge and link to the person after you in the hop.All Blog Hop posts will need to be scheduled to go live on the 24th August at 12:00am Mountain Standard Time (Arizona) but we will help you with the scheduling!

9 comments:

  1. Wonderful inspiration, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic blog hop ladies :) So many cool kits created

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had to take July off but I'm in this time! Working on my kit this evening! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh..I just love these soft colours..I have just the basis for my kit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The blog hop was fun and inspiring! I am so honored and thankful to be the GD this month and I am absolutely enamored of the support & welcome shown to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to have you here Karen! It's going to be a fun month!

      Delete
  6. loving it! may have to make a quick kit to take on vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this kit! I hope you have a great month CKC DTers!

    ReplyDelete

Compliance with the new European Union E-Privacy Regulation

If you leave a comment on this blog, you do so with the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog, that you have published your own personal details and that you have consented for your personal information to be displayed.
This blog is currently generated from the USA with contributors from Europe, Australia and the USA.