This month’s inspiration kit is so distinctive that I think many of you may have already identified it by the sneak peek and located the kit @ Felicity Jane before even seeing the full reveal yesterday. Because it is so tightly coordinated, I thought we could boil it down to its gist in a different way this month.
This month, I have noted its basic recipe, listing the ingredients you need to cook up a very similar kit in terms of content, but with its own unique flavor.
Take the same approach as you would making a soup or stew and add as much or little of each ingredient as you like. Leave some out if it is not to your taste. If you get the first part right, you will almost certainly end up with something you can enjoy.
- The basic flavor is derived from at least two colors in the same family but in different shades – coral and melon, for example. Add a complementary color – blue, for example.
- Throw in varieties like floral, dots, stripes, hearts, gingham and a sampler (journal card sheet).
- It would be important at this point to sprinkle in a little salt and pepper (white and black).
- Possible additions to add diversity and complexity to the flavor:
- small stamp set
- two-tone alphabet
- large wood veneer shapes
- vellum die-cuts - borders, words, oversized confetti
- rubber charms
- and doilies.