Thursday, December 14, 2017

The 12 Days of Christmas | Nine Ladies Dancing


I hope you have been following along & been inspired by our 12 Days of Christmas theme this month! I originally chose this day thinking that I would have photos of the Aurora Borealis to scrap from a recent anniversary trip to Fairbanks, Alaska. The images that I have seen of the northern lights have always put me in mind me of a twirling skirt so I thought that would be a clever take on the ladies dancing. Then I ran across some unscrapped photos of my granddaughter's recital...

Yes - there ARE nine of them!
And yes - that's my little peach front & center striking a pose.


I used the December Stuck Sketches sketch for my page.

 

I thought it would be fun to use ribbons for my strips, plus fussy-cut ballerinas as embellis.
I believe the paper was from Authentique from a Nutcracker collection.








I have had that resin flower on my desk for ages & knew immediately that it finally had a home. They wore absolutely enormous flowers in their hair & it was just the right size! The flower was cut off in the photo so the serendipitous match was a welcome cover.

Looking forward to seeing your creations and hoping that you are enjoying family, food, friends, and faith this wonderful season. Merry Christmas!

Thanks for stopping by!

10 comments:

  1. How adorable with these sweet dancers and the nod to the Christmas Carol. Love the ballerina embellies. Thanks for joining us at Stuck?! Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute photos and layout! I love that you used ribbon in place of the paper strips! I need to remember to do that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely PERFECT! In.every.way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is completely adorable! I love how everything came together so well and those ballerina embellishments perfectly frame the page.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a sweet page! Fabulous take on the sketch! Thanks for playing along with us at Stuck?!Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful layout! What a great way to use the lace and ribbon and love the ballerina's that you cut out.
    Cindy F

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous layout and who doesn't love ballerinas! A wonderful take on the layout. Thank you for joining us at Stuck?! Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such sweet photos and a lovely layout! How sweet are those dainty ballerina elements, and what a great idea to use ribbon and lace for the strips in the sketch! http://csichallenge.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a sweetnpagr, love the pics too! Thank you for joining us at Stuck?! Sketches!

    ReplyDelete

Compliance with the new European Union E-Privacy Regulation

If you leave a comment on this blog, you do so with the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog, that you have published your own personal details and that you have consented for your personal information to be displayed.
This blog is currently generated from the USA with contributors from Europe, Australia and the USA.