Wednesday, September 12, 2018

September 2018-Challenge #1-Color Challenge

Good Morning! September is all about color in the fall flowers, in the fall leaves and in the harvest too.
There are flowers enough in the summertime,  
More flowers than I can remember—  
But none with the purple, gold, and red 
That dyes the flowers of September! 
 —Mary Howitt (1799-1888)

It was cool to find this quote and this quote is what inspired the 1st challenge of the month. It is a Color challenge use Purple, Gold and Red on your project.

Our Guest Forger Janet of RTS scrapbooking was up for the challenge and created a fun layout:
Hi Everyone! Janet here again taking on the Counterfeit Kit challenge of incorporating
purple, red and gold on a layout. What fun! I used gold in my Thicker title as well as a
sprinkling of gold dots in my clusters.
My use of purple can be found in my stamped leaves and my vertical subtitle.

I broke out my Fiskars crimper (remember that tool?) and created a red scalloped 'crimped' edge along with red photo corners all placed on top of a thin red background. It was great pairing and playing with these colors for this challenge! 
You can view a Start to Finish process video of my layout at RTS Scrapbooking.  
Hop over, sit a spell and let's Record the Story! 

Master Forger Tina used that fun plaid paper in her kit to create this fun layout:

Master Forger Lori took on the challenge to create a layout showing off some of the beautiful colors of the fall season. You can read more about it on her blog here.




We love seeing your work, so be sure to share your kits and projects with us. You can do this by using the Link-Up page here on the blog, posting in the Counterfeit Kit Challenge Facebook Community Group or on Instagram (find us @counterfeitchallenge and share with #counterfeitchallenge )

3 comments:

  1. Gathered all my stuff for this! Can’t wait to make my page!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All three scrapbook layouts are Fall FAB-ulous!!! super FINE!!!! Thanks MF Tina, MF Lori, and Guest Designer Janet for color combo creativity to help inspire us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love, love, love! Hope to get mine done this weekend.. Purple may be difficult to find in my kit but I think I have an idea! Wish me luck!

    ReplyDelete

Compliance with the new European Union E-Privacy Regulation

If you leave a comment on this blog, you do so with the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog, that you have published your own personal details and that you have consented for your personal information to be displayed.
This blog is currently generated from the USA with contributors from Europe, Australia and the USA.