Thursday, December 13, 2018

December 13 - Non-Festive Scrapping in December



Welcome to December!

So happy to have you join us for our
Counterfeit Kit Challenge Advent Calendar 
as we "open the door" each day and share something seasonal with you.


http://www.animatedimages.org/data/media/358/animated-christmas-wreath-image-0082.gif

Great to be back again on this special day. 

Well, special to me anyway! 

Today I celebrate my 15th wedding anniversary and is just one of many events that I and my family celebrate during the festive season that are not directly related to Christmas itself. 

We have a dozen birthdays, wedding anniversaries, a new birth in the family this year, birthday parties and just life in general. 

But when we think about scrapping and recording the memories at this time of year, the focus seems to be all about the jolly and merry and I want to just remember that my life is a whole lot more than Christmas right now.

Last year I shared a birthday layout made with seasonal supplies. I make so few Christmas layouts that I think I need to make a lot more layouts like this to get this stash used up. Why not make a mini kit from your own jolly supplies and find a way to record a birthday.


I mentioned my wedding anniversary - this year is crystal which is quite exciting - and I want to make sure I capture it both in photos and within the pages of my scrapbook albums. 

Therefore, I've pulled together a mini page kit from my Christmas supplies which I think you will agree, doesn't scream out decorated trees, winter wonderland, snowmen or Father Christmas. 

I concentrated on products from Christmas ranges by Pinkfresh Studio - Oh Joy! and December Days - with some simple red Thickers and a sprinkle of sequins. I concentrated on the star themed motif and clear colours which I think work for all sorts of occasions. I then went through all the matching embellies and picked or cut out anything which didn't seem too festive and could be used for the topic of love.  If I twinned all of this with some seasonal photos the layout would be totally Christmassy, but matching them up with an event which just happens to fall in December will give the layout a totally different feel.

I intend to use this page kit to scrap about my special anniversary milestone and I don't intend to mention anything to do with seasonal festivities - it's going to be all about us. I think it's perfect! All those clean and clear designs are perfect for "crystal" - don't you think? ;-) 





When I get around to making the page I'll be sure to share with you. 

But in the meantime, why not try creating some page kits from your own Christmas supplies to see what different page "feelings" you can come up with. In this way, you can get much more out of your supplies and those November and December non-Christmas events don't need to be all about the colours and motifs of the season.



We hope you will continue to share your own crafty creations and ideas throughout December using the:  Link-Up page here on the blog, posting in the Counterfeit Kit Challenge Facebook Community Group or on Instagram (find us @counterfeitkitchallenge and share with #counterfeitkitchallenge)

Master Forger Lisa

2 comments:

Compliance with the new European Union E-Privacy Regulation

If you leave a comment on this blog, you do so with the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog, that you have published your own personal details and that you have consented for your personal information to be displayed.
This blog is currently generated from the USA with contributors from Europe, Australia and the USA.