Friday, December 14, 2018

December 14 - Favorite Christmas Traditions



Welcome to December!
So happy to have you join us for our
Counterfeit Kit Challenge Advent Calendar 
as we "open the door" each day and share something seasonal with you.


http://www.animatedimages.org/data/media/358/animated-christmas-wreath-image-0082.gif


Hello, everyone! Lori here and I am happy to be sharing one of my favorite Christmas traditions with you today - our family ornament exchange.

I can't remember exactly when this tradition started...I think maybe 2007 but it could have been earlier than that. One of my sisters thought it would be fun for the four of us girls and our Mom to do an ornament exchange together - and if the ornaments were homemade - even better! We would get together, usually around Thanksgiving, and exchange our ornaments. As the family - and the kids - grew,  we decided to include everyone in the exchange. Anyone that brought an ornament left with an ornament! It has now evolved into being our "family gift exchange" on Christmas Eve - instead of exchanging gifts we exchange ornaments! We always have so much fun taking turns opening up the ornaments and someone always brings a gaudy, (dare I say ugly?!) gag gift. sort of ornament and it's always fun to see who goes home with it. (We've gotten our fair share and they are some of our favorites!)

Here is one of the only family photos I have of my family all together with their ornaments. I have plenty of individual photos of each family member showing off their ornament each year, but I never can remember to get a family photo of us all together. Maybe this year I will remember!

2012 Ornament Exchange

This Christmas tradition has made decorating our tree every year even more special. We have so much fun reminiscing about who got this ornament, and who got that one, and seeing which year a certain ornament was received. For me, it just makes the holidays even sweeter.

Our tree is a hodgepodge of every kind of ornament that you can think of, and I wouldn't have it any other way! Here is a photo of our tree this year - filled with special ornaments from my family. So many wonderful memories hang on these branches:


I will definitely be documenting this tradition again this year, whether it be in my December Daily or a 12x12 layout. 

What fun holiday traditions will you be documenting this year?

We hope you will continue to share your own crafty creations and ideas throughout December using the:  Link-Up page here on the blog, posting in the Counterfeit Kit Challenge Facebook Community Group or on Instagram (find us @counterfeitkitchallenge and share with #counterfeitkitchallenge)

Master Forger Lori

2 comments:

  1. We do that too although there is only the 2 of us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a fun idea. However, I'm a total control freak about the colour scheme of my tree and would have to dictate the colours of the exchange - ha ha!!!! But I'll keep it in mind! I think your tree looks super!

    ReplyDelete

Compliance with the new European Union E-Privacy Regulation

If you leave a comment on this blog, you do so with the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog, that you have published your own personal details and that you have consented for your personal information to be displayed.
This blog is currently generated from the USA with contributors from Europe, Australia and the USA.