Sunday, December 16, 2018

December 16 - Photo Ornament Tradition



Welcome to December!
So happy to have you join us for our
Counterfeit Kit Challenge Advent Calendar 
as we "open the door" each day and share something seasonal with you.


http://www.animatedimages.org/data/media/358/animated-christmas-wreath-image-0075.gif

Hey everyone! Day 16 already. I hope everyone is almost ready as we are fast approaching the big day!

Laura here and today I wanted to share a little tradition I have been doing for the last few years. It all started back in 2014 when my little one was about to experience his very 1st christmas. As we lived quite far from family and friends, I wanted to be able to send them some photos of him with their Christmas cards. So I set up a little photo shoot. I dressed him up in a little elf suit and sat him in front of the Christmas tree to snap my pics. A relative later gave me a little hanging photo frame with 'Baby's 1st Christmas' written on, so obviously I put one of my elf pictures in it and hung it on my tree.


And I have done this every year since! This year I will be taking his picture for my 5th photo frame ornament, and this year I found this one


I don't know how long he will let me keep this tradition up for (I already have to bribe him with chocolate just to get him to sit still!) But I will continue it for as long as I can.

Now, I'm not suggesting you dress your adult children or your partner up as an elf  but if you do take a special photo every year, maybe for a holiday card, why not print it smaller and hang it on your tree! I think it will be so fun to look back on all those little pictures, and it's lovely reminiscing when you get them out year after year to decorate!


We hope you will continue to share your own crafty creations and ideas throughout December using the:  Link-Up page here on the blog, posting in the Counterfeit Kit Challenge Facebook Community Group or on Instagram (find us @counterfeitkitchallenge and share with #counterfeitkitchallenge)



Master Forger Laura

2 comments:

  1. Cute idea Laura. I wish I had thought of it earlier.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do try to get a paper hat (from the Christmas cracker) photo each year but your idea of incorporating it onto the tree is super cute!

    ReplyDelete

Compliance with the new European Union E-Privacy Regulation

If you leave a comment on this blog, you do so with the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog, that you have published your own personal details and that you have consented for your personal information to be displayed.
This blog is currently generated from the USA with contributors from Europe, Australia and the USA.