Friday, December 7, 2018

December 7 - All Wrapped Up

 
Welcome to December!
So happy to have you join us for our
Counterfeit Kit Challenge Advent Calendar 
as we "open the door" each day and share something seasonal with you.


http://www.animatedimages.org/data/media/358/animated-christmas-wreath-image-0082.gif

 Hello lovelies! It's Clair and I am a self-confessed lover of the 'Pretty Package'. When I was little, I would be allocated the role of Chief Wrapper, and work my way steadily through the tons of presents that went under our Christmas tree. It kept me quiet while everyone else did the decorations - and made a start on making the Christmas trifle!

And, I still love it! So, today, I thought I'd share a one of my favourites - and a few from around the internet - with some ideas of how to replicate the ideas with your own stash!



How cute are these DIY Ornament Clusters from Oh Happy Day? I love the combination of the classic wrapping paper, combined with the fun colours of the ornaments! Haul out that under-used stash of ribbon, add some dinky ornaments and then have a mulled wine to celebrate!

Pom-Poms would create a similar look, but allow for ultimate stash-buster kudos!



I created these little 'Perfect Parcels', with the remains of my November 2017 Wild Hare Kit. I used the majority of the kit for my December Daily, but had a small selection of cardstock and some of the cutest, little die-cuts from Pinkfresh Studios. Create a similar look with die-cut boxes; then simply add one or two dies-cuts, enamel dots or sequins; and a little bit of twine. For more details, visit Obstinate Pursuit.


Wrap It Up With Love is the reminder from Monika Hibbs. This beauty, created with a monochrome look oozes sophistication, but remains fun. Choose a beautiful ornament to adorn your presents and the recipient will have a gift that they can see year after year, as they decorate their tree.




With a few small tweaks these Watercolour Wings from Create With Kaitlyn would look beautifully seasonal. Use some winter colours (or a little sparkly embossing powder) to stamp that lovely butterfly and add a small, die-cut holiday sentiment. Or, find some holiday themed stickers, or die-cuts in your stash!




And, lastly, I can't help but think how useful this idea for Personalized Christmas Wrapping from Boxwood Clippings would be in the reduction of my leftover alphas! Or, if you are lucky enough to own some dies, a die-cut machine or one of those cute alpha punches, you could really make use of all those scraps!

If you use any of the ideas I've shared today, or would like to share your own, then I would love to hear from you. You can leave us a comment here, or join us for a little Christmas conversation, over in the Counterfeit Kit Challenge Facebook Community.

Clair xxx

We hope you will continue to share your own crafty creations and ideas throughout December using the:  Link-Up page here on the blog, posting in the Counterfeit Kit Challenge Facebook Community Group or on Instagram (find us @counterfeitkitchallenge and share with #counterfeitkitchallenge)


Master Forger Clair

4 comments:

  1. As always, a gorgeously styled post! Lovely ideas & I spy some stash items I could use.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your little parcels are perfect. And thanks for sharing the other ideas as well.

    ReplyDelete

Compliance with the new European Union E-Privacy Regulation

If you leave a comment on this blog, you do so with the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog, that you have published your own personal details and that you have consented for your personal information to be displayed.
This blog is currently generated from the USA with contributors from Europe, Australia and the USA.