Saturday, December 8, 2018

December 8 - Documenting Christmas Past



Welcome to December!
So happy to have you join us for our
Counterfeit Kit Challenge Advent Calendar 
as we "open the door" each day and share something seasonal with you.
 


http://www.animatedimages.org/data/media/358/animated-christmas-wreath-image-0082.gif

Hello everyone, Laura here. I am so glad to join you for Day 8 in our Advent countdown!


I have never been a big Christmas scrapper but seeing all the fabulous Christmas layouts on social media this time of year made me really want to scrap something Christmassy! Since having my little boy nearly five years ago I have made a real effort to document our Christmas season each year. As these albums are (almost!) complete, I had to dig deep to find some older photos to scrap!

I love how these photos of me as a child opening my presents on Christmas day - taken in the exact same room, on the same day, from the same perspective - were taken some 5 or 6 years apart. I also love that you can see the presents as it's so fun to reminisce about the toys you used to have as a kid! I always got stationery and crafty stuff for Christmas, too! I made this layout in my "All About Me" album - an ongoing project I have documenting pictures and stories from my childhood.



I challenged myself to use non-Christmas supplies plus use leftovers from my CKC kits from the last few months. I used papers from both my October and November kits, and the past banner was cut from a back to school paper from my October kit. 


I cut the next page of my album in half  for lots of journalling room. I love how it all came together.


At this time of year it's so easy to get swept away with all the beautiful new scrappy products, but I hope I have inspired you to maybe stop and reach for the supplies you already have and look back and rediscover a Christmas of old! And as you embark on documenting this year's celebrations, I urge you to worry less about taking the perfect photos and get that picture of your living room covered in wrapping paper and gifts! Thirty years later am so grateful that my Dad did! 

Happy Christmas scrapping everyone! Laura

 We hope you will continue to share your own crafty creations and ideas throughout December using the:  Link-Up page here on the blog, posting in the Counterfeit Kit Challenge Facebook Community Group or on Instagram (find us @counterfeitkitchallenge and share with #counterfeitkitchallenge)

Master Forger Laura



3 comments:

  1. What a treasure to have those photos, looks lovely Laura.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is wonderful, if you hadn't mentioned using non-Christmas supplies, I would not have noticed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Supercuts photos and a wonderful layout for your album. I wish I had more photos like this! I have just a couple of childhood Christmas shots :-( I like your reminder to use what we have and avoid perfection!

    ReplyDelete

Compliance with the new European Union E-Privacy Regulation

If you leave a comment on this blog, you do so with the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog, that you have published your own personal details and that you have consented for your personal information to be displayed.
This blog is currently generated from the USA with contributors from Europe, Australia and the USA.