Friday, December 13, 2019

Season's Greetings - December 13th with Lisa


Hi again! It's Lisa here and I'm thrilled to be here once more to welcome you to today's episode of

Season's Greetings

I love changing things up with my Christmas cards and creating unexpected designs so when I was coming up with themes for my days I knew I wanted to do something with colour!

Using a non-Christmas colour scheme.


I don't know about you but when I think of typical Christmas, colours such as gold or silver, red or green and these are typically just not my colours. My Christmas tree this year will be pale ice-pink, glass and a smattering of gold (as a nod to tradition) so I thought I'd translate this onto my card for today.

I picked out shades of pink, some white and a hint of grey from Christmas papers and some glitter sheets and then looked online for some design inspiration. 


Pinterest came to my rescue of course with this geometric tree design

Simple, quick and effective. Just the type of thing for me!


A little white twine at the bottom and then a simple message in dark grey was all this pretty design needed. I made two at once and they came together in under 45 mins with some tree shapes left over for at least another card.


If you prefer to make your cards in traditional tones, this design would look beautiful in different shades of green against a red background and some gold thread too. In fact let's face it, this card would look great in any combination of colours that your heart desire! Cut out the triangles and layer them up - it's as simple as that.


You know that we LOVE it when you share!

So, if you are inspired to make your own cards, layouts or projects - from Season's Greetings, a previous Christmas special, a Counterfeit Kit Challenge kit that you haven't quite used up or a new kit inspired by any one of our dozens and dozens of inspirational kits - you can share in these places:



See you tomorrow for more CKC inspiration!


Merry Christmas from Lisa!

2 comments:

  1. I really love the simplicity and the non-traditional colors of these!! So pretty!! And not scary at all to do! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very "Lisa" in both colour and style. Looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Compliance with the new European Union E-Privacy Regulation

If you leave a comment on this blog, you do so with the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog, that you have published your own personal details and that you have consented for your personal information to be displayed.
This blog is currently generated from the USA with contributors from Europe, Australia and the USA.