Saturday, February 27, 2021

February 2021 - Kill That Kit!

 It's almost the end of the month and it's been a very busy and creative month for me. 

It was LOAD221 (LayOutADay) and of course my trusty Counterfeit Kit Challenge February kit, Heartfelt, was one of the reasons for my success - I'm writing this on Friday evening with just three layouts to make for a full month of making and uploading one single layout every day of the month!

And I always talk about how I couldn't do LOAD without my CKC kits but it also got me thinking about how to "Kill the Kit!" This is a long-ish post today because I want to share what I did with my kit from beginning to end - more or less!

I had what felt like a slightly smaller than usual kit for the month but I had pulled it together knowing that I was going to be attempting LOAD and I was excited to use it. I had pulled in quite a lot of the Paige Evans collection, Go the Scenic Route as well as some older stuff that I felt could do with being used up. I'm always aware of both sides of the papers and knew that the sneaky b-sides would give me so much variety!

For the first layouts, I just cut with abandon and used up all the product - even some papers I was feeling particularly precious about! (Sorry for the poor quality photos, I'm fighting to find the right light at the right time in our new home - they all have bright white backgrounds even if it doesn't look that way 😳) 

And by the way, my 28 days of LOAD turned into 28 days of Mabel and I've scrapped about her all month so excuse the Mabel spam 😉






So... 6 layouts.....

And then I realised that there really was not a lot left in the kit. I'd been very creative layering up the scraps and using up elements from the die-cut pack that I thought could be useful but there didn't seem to be much left to put on a page as a whole.

So I just added some more stuff into my kit box. I started with other elements from the Paige Evans collection... papers, the enamel charms, the alphabet... and a couple of extra papers from my stash.

A few more layouts followed such as these two...


 And then I had the chance to do a click-and-collect order from my favourite LSS and added some more very girlie, baby stuff into my kit box as well as some more alphas etc and made some more layouts such as these...


And now, almost at the end of the month, what does my original kit look like? Have I killed the kit? To be honest, I don't even know what was in that original kit any more but for me, I killed it and then brought it back to life just to repeat the process again! 

So my message to you today is that there is no right way to finish your kit. Use it up until you feel like you've made all the layouts you can and then maybe it's time to add a bunch more stuff in to keep going - or it might be time to put the stuff back into your stash and move on to the next month's supplies!

And this month's kit process will no doubt be totally different again. It's all fun in the creative process!

I hope I've given you some ideas of how you can breathe new life into a depleted set of supplies.... if that's what you want to do!

Lisa

6 comments:

  1. Looks fabulous! You got so many layouts done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's a long time since I really managed a layout every day for a month. It made me very happy :-)

      Delete
  2. Oh, the Mabel SPAM was wonderful!! So adorable! And all the layouts are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so kind! Thanks so much. It was so lovely to make so many layout about Mabel and relive those early days :-) thanks for your patience!

      Delete
  3. Ah, and now I understand Deanna's comment (above) which I saw in the admin area before I had chance to read this! You were so successful this month and it's really lovely to see more of your layouts (and more of Mabel!) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :-* Thanks sweetie! It was a good month! 28 scrumptious puppy layouts - who could want more?

      Delete

Compliance with the new European Union E-Privacy Regulation

If you leave a comment on this blog, you do so with the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog, that you have published your own personal details and that you have consented for your personal information to be displayed.
This blog is currently generated from the USA with contributors from Europe, Australia and the USA.