Monday, April 18, 2022

April 2022 - Challenge #2 - Go Large!


The month is rushing along and it's already time for our second challenge so let's...

 Go Large!

This month's inspiration kit has lots of scrummy words in the form of script and print font Thicker's words, as well as die cuts with large loopy hand written phrases and this can be such an eye-catcher on a layout.

 

So the challenge is to use large words for your title or embellishments.

Our team have been busy this month so let's see what they have for us:

Guest Designer Helen

When I put my kit together I imagined pairing the green "happy" sticker with the green Basic Grey Floral paper, so I started with those two pieces. I added the other BG paper from my kit, the cloud paper and I just love the way they go together. I included some favorite rubs ons in my kit because I wanted to use them and not just have time sit in my stash. I was worried about how the rub ons would transfer, they are 16 year old (yikes) but they transferred well. The bird from the BG pack took a bit of extra rubbing and a lot of patience, but it was worth it and I'm so happy with the way it looks on the page. I cut the rubs on to suit my design and layered them to achieve the look I wanted. I did add two 49 & Market rub ons that were not in my kit but they were a good match. I'm so happy with the way this page turned out and I'm even happier that I used so many pieces from my stash!  




 

 MF Juliet

This was an easy one for Juliet especially with her forgeries this month being the large words so she put one on a page!  The stickers on this page are seriously like 15 years old or better but they worked! Her precious great grand daughter, looks like a future concert pianist! One could hope as one of her Great Great Grandma's played and even taught.


 

MF Tara

Tara created this layout of her granddaughter enjoying a nap on her great auntie's lap. You can see more about her layout on her blog.


 

MF Tracey reversed engineered her layout for this challenge, she started with the photo and title, where normally her first pick alongside the photo would be her patterned papers. 

 

MF Kate 

MF Kate decided to forge her title with ink. Scrap piece of white paper from her kit, Tim Holtz ink on a brush to make the script title in any size you want. Fussy cut when dry. 



We've still got a couple of things to share with you this month so I hope you'll come back:

  • 24th April: Follower Showcase - who has caught our eye this month 
  • 30th April: Killing Kits - an idea or two for using up the bits & pieces left in your kit box 

You KNOW that we always love to see your work, so please share your kits and projects with us. You can post them in our Facebook Communityor share them on Instagram (we are @counterfeitkitchallenge or tag us using #counterfeitkitchallenge and #ckcapril2022). 

 Thanks so much for stopping by! We can't wait to see your kits and projects this month.


Lisa

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Compliance with the new European Union E-Privacy Regulation

If you leave a comment on this blog, you do so with the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog, that you have published your own personal details and that you have consented for your personal information to be displayed.
This blog is currently generated from the USA with contributors from Europe, Australia and the USA.