Tuesday, April 12, 2022

April 2022 - Challenge #1 - Who loves Mickey and Minnie?

It's time for our first challenge of the month and I'm really excited to see all the interpretations of this one! 

Who loves Mickey and Minnie?

I love looking up "on this day in history" to see what comes up and on this day, 12th April 1992, Disneyland Paris (called Euro Disney when at first) opened its doors to the public.

Now I know that there are many of you out there with Disney stories and memories so you might well be doing the happy dance right now. But for those of you who have not got the Disney bug, I'd like you to take inspiration from the land of fantasy in general to find your stories!

So, the challenge today is to be inspired by Disney or cartoons!


Let's see what the team has created for us this time around.

Guest Designer Helen

"I enjoyed working from this kit and found that my page came together much more quickly than it normally would have. 

I chose a Vicki Boutin watercolor paper as my background paper. I really liked all the different colors in the background and the puffy heart stickers were a perfect match. I fussy cut the teacups from the Paige Evans paper to create the stack of cups in the center of the page. I cut a slit in the top of each cup so they would nest together in a big stack. I’m happy with the way that turned out and it’s not something I would have thought to do if I didn't have a kit to work from. I was also happy to find that the paint brushstroke stickers from two different sticker packs worked well together for my subtitle. 

I’m enjoying working from this kit and find that it’s helping me create my pages quicker as well as giving me ideas for pages to create. 

Thanks so much for inviting me to be the guest designer for the month, I'm enjoying the creative challenge!"

MF Julene

Luckily I took my daughter to Disneyland in California when she was 11. So I had photos to use.

I chose turquoise and red as my highlighting colours to match Donald's outfit.I replicated Donald's hat with card and ribbon.

MF Kate

I chose to be inspired by cartoons and items in my April kit was perfect for today's outing. Since it's our first day of spring break, we squeezed in a movie in between drs appointments. I chose to scrap our Sonic the Hedgehog  movie date and loved using the star patterned paper and the hearts that were in my kit! Added in my receipt, poster pic and a free image from the internet. 

MF Misty

Since Disney isn't her go-to, she decided to document a current book she is reading that is filled with fairy tales. The bigger story, captured on a hidden journaling tag, is the love for this particular author.

MF Tina

Tina took this prompt and the orange paper in her kit to highlight her Granddaughter's love of dressing up for Halloween in something from Disney. This comes from the Toy Story. To learn more about the layout check out her blog post here  


 

There's more to come this month so don't forget to keep coming back:

  • 18th AprilChallenge #2 - to inspire you to get creating from your own kit 
  • 24th April: Follower Showcase - who has caught our eye this month 
  • 30th April: Killing Kits - an idea or two for using up the bits & pieces left in your kit box 

You KNOW that we always love to see your work, so please share your kits and projects with us. You can post them in our Facebook Communityor share them on Instagram (we are @counterfeitkitchallenge or tag us using #counterfeitkitchallenge and #ckcapril2022). 

 Thanks so much for stopping by! We can't wait to see your kits and projects this month.


Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Compliance with the new European Union E-Privacy Regulation

If you leave a comment on this blog, you do so with the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog, that you have published your own personal details and that you have consented for your personal information to be displayed.
This blog is currently generated from the USA with contributors from Europe, Australia and the USA.