Wednesday, April 6, 2022

April 2022 - Mini kit reveal and project

 Sometimes, you just don't have the time or motivation to make and use up a full kit. Maybe you need to replenish your card supplies, or have a small mini-album in mind to make. Perhaps April is a really busy month - I KNOW that feeling 😉 - but you still want to have something creative to fulfil that need to interact with paper and pretty supplies!

This is the post for you.

This is where we show you two mini-kits that we've made up as well as the small projects that we made with those supplies.

Today, MF Cindy joins me to share our ideas and we hope that you will also feel inspired to give this a go if you need to take a slightly different direction this month!

A quick reminder of the inspiration kit in April to kick-things off - Papers & Beyond "Follow Your Bliss"

Papers & Beyond "Follow Your Bliss"

MF Cindy

Cindy made a page kit to start. I find the Mini Kit hard to do as I normally have a large monthly kit that allows me to create any just about any size of project during the month.  

This time I decided on a 12x12 layout. 


Blog post here

MF Lisa

There were so many directions to go with the papers and embellishments in the original kit but I remembered that our wonderful Guest Designer, Helen and I had both said that we would use some BasicGrey in our kits so I had a rummage through my BG papers to find a starting point to build on. My eye fell on the orange and pink "Nice to meet you" from the Konnichiwa line. It reminded me of the orange and pink blotchy paper from the original kit. Then I added in the brightly striped paper also from the Konnichiwa line "Pagoda" and matched that up with "Rob Roy" from Lime Rickey (BG) and a sheet of Vicki Boutin Color Study "Linear" with that fabulous lime green. All of these four papers reminded me of the original and I thought that was a great foundation for the rest of the kit which consisted of BG letters, some Thickers (which I ended up not using), a pack of Storyteller die-cuts (Vicki Boutin) and some Thicker words - also Vicki Boutin I think (not sure!). I rounded off with some die-cut gold letters which I thought might come in handy.



I followed a Simple Scrapper membership sketch for a layout about my recent podcast adventure. Lots of the team have been fussy-cutting this month so I thought I would follow suit and used the cut out florals as my mail embellishment. It was great to keep my page relatively simple and am happy with how it turned out!



The rest of the month has more inspiration so come back to check it out:

  • 12th & 18th AprilChallenges #1 & #2 - to inspire you to get creating from your own kit 
  • 24th April: Follower Showcase - who has caught our eye this month 
  • 30th April: Killing Kits - an idea or two for using up the bits & pieces left in your kit box 

You KNOW that we always love to see your work, so please share your kits and projects with us. You can post them in our Facebook Communityor share them on Instagram (we are @counterfeitkitchallenge or tag us using #counterfeitkitchallenge and #ckcapril2022). 

 Thanks so much for stopping by! We can't wait to see your kits and projects this month.


Lisa

2 comments:

  1. Cindy, Beautiful mini [page] kit and resultant page! The birdies and your little one are precious. Just love it!

    Lovely pages, Lisa! Where can I listen to your podcast? :) Thanks for the inspiration, Ladies! ~Ali

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah Ali! You are sweet! You can find it here ;-)
      https://www.simplescrapper.com/2022/02/syw158/

      Delete

Compliance with the new European Union E-Privacy Regulation

If you leave a comment on this blog, you do so with the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog, that you have published your own personal details and that you have consented for your personal information to be displayed.
This blog is currently generated from the USA with contributors from Europe, Australia and the USA.