Saturday, May 7, 2022

May 2022 Happy {i}NSD — Challenge #2 - Fave 3

Welcome to {i}NSD at The Counterfeit Kit Challenge!

Master Forger Misty here. After our intro from our CKC team leader Lisa, I'm here with the next bit of inspiration for you — a layout challenge.

Are you guilty of hoarding items that are real favorites? Do you worry you won’t do them justice? I’m here  to get you past that with the Fav 3 challenge. We are going to use our favorite items on a project this hour! Trust me, they can still be your favorites on a layout and not just tucked away and lonely in a storage bin.


In order to make a complete project we’ll need paper, embellishments and alphas/words/titles. Those will be our three items. But of course this is your project, so you always can do you and mix it up a bit.


Item one: Paper

Do you have a favorite paper already in mind? Grab it! If not, go to your paper stash. Start flipping. When you get that wondrous rush of “how beautiful”, stop. Pull that paper. That is your first item.


Item two: Embellishment

I’m talking about just one type or package of embellishment here. Love sequins? Pull those. Stickers your thing? Grab a sheet. I did the same thing with my embellishment choice as I did with my paper, I just started browsing until one item gave me that "aha" feeling.


Item three: Alphas or Titles

How do you like to title your layouts? Do you use Thickers? Are you a die cutter? We know those jumbo phrase cut files are super hot right now. How about journal cards? Those can make great titles. Again, I just started flipping through my letter sticker bin until I stopped on an alpha set with a color that I swoon over.


Here is a look at my Fav 3. I have a brand new Heidi Swapp painterly stripe, a beautiful blue alpha from Simple Stories and a sticker sheet also from Simple Stories. Now the blue of my alpha doesn't match the more teals of the other two pieces, so it'll be interesting to see how it comes together!



That probably isn’t enough product to create a complete layout so feel free to pull in supporting elements. Here is what I added. You can always grab a bit more if need be later.

As I work with all the support items, I’m sure to keep them as supports. I still want my favorite products to shine bright! I did end up adding some enamel dots to what I pulled. But that was a small addition.


Check out how my finished project turned out. Do you think I made those blue alphas work?



I hope you are having a fabulous (i)NSD so far! I know there are a lot of happenings out in the crafty world right now. I encourage you to mix and match and double up on challenges to maximize your fun. 



Don’t forget to link up over on the {i}NSD posts in our Counterfeit Kit Community Facebook Community  for this and ALL the following challenges to come for a chance to be entered in our prize draw!

 You can also share over at Instagram where you can can find us @counterfeitkitchallenge and/or tag us using #counterfeitkitchallenge and #ckcINSD2022

Also a reminder about our PRIZE DRAW for a chance of winning a 1st prize of $25 voucher and 2nd prize of $15 voucher to your online scrapbook store of choice. 

All you have to do is link up your kits and/or creations on the {i}NSD posts over at the Counterfeit Kit Community Facebook Community

You have until MIDNIGHT on SUNDAY 15th MAY to play along and link up before we throw all your names into a hat and pull the lucky winners!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Compliance with the new European Union E-Privacy Regulation

If you leave a comment on this blog, you do so with the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog, that you have published your own personal details and that you have consented for your personal information to be displayed.
This blog is currently generated from the USA with contributors from Europe, Australia and the USA.