Friday, September 2, 2022

September 2022 - Just the Gist of It

 Greetings!  MF Juliet here to see if I can offer any insights on how I build most of my kits...it is different but yet the same most months.  This month's kit inspiration I chose is a digital kit by Traci Reed - Wildflower as shown below.   


It can be a bit overwhelming looking at it like that so break it down.  Let's look first at the 12x12 papers. 


What I do is pick one paper out of my stash that 'mimic's' one of them.  It might be the blue paper with white daises or maybe the plaid paper that hits me.  I pick the one and then I look at the colors and start building around those.  I like kits with lots of paper so I can use up my stash so I often over pick papers.

Then it is time to add the embellishments.


Such an assortment with this kit!  I love the mix and match of all shapes (circles, hearts, hexagons, rectangles, half circles, etc.) I just look in my stash at stuff that matches my papers.  I am NOT a girl that sticks to one manufacture, I love mixing and matching. I have noticed in my years that you can find pretty much so anything from one line to mix with another and I LOVE to mix and match.  If you are not a mix and match person you can do what hits your buttons.  

I then pick an alpha or two....looking at the main picture I see lots of 'script' type fonts and mostly white so that is what worked for me.  

And lastly, I like to pick a 'tool' (non consumable) to add and use...makes me happy to use them.  Maybe it would be a hexagon punch, maybe a stamp set that has journaling blocks...maybe a die cut set that would work, just at least one tool that is collecting dust that you can get some use out of!

There is NO right or wrong with building a kit!  You want it to make you happy so you will use it!  


Here is how the rest of this month shapes up...make sure you join us and share share share!

  • 4th September: Forgery on the Fourth - Master Forgers share simple ideas for creating kit elements 
  • 6th September: Mini-kit Reveal and Project Showcase - inspiration for a smaller kit or project idea 
  • 12th & 18th September: Challenges #1 & #2 - to inspire you to get creating from your own kit 
  • 24th September: Follower Showcase - who has caught our eye this month 
  • 30th September: Killing Kits - an idea or two for using up the bits & pieces left in your kit box

You KNOW that we always love to see your work, so please share your kits and projects with us. You can post them in our Facebook Communityor share them on Instagram (we are @counterfeitkitchallenge or tag us using #counterfeitkitchallenge and #ckcseptember2022). 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Compliance with the new European Union E-Privacy Regulation

If you leave a comment on this blog, you do so with the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog, that you have published your own personal details and that you have consented for your personal information to be displayed.
This blog is currently generated from the USA with contributors from Europe, Australia and the USA.