Tuesday, November 1, 2022

November 2022 - Kit Reveal and Hop

And just like that... it's November!

For those of you who've been around here a while, you'll know that THIS is my FAVOURITE month of the year and one I look forward to hosting too! This year is no exception as where I am, we've had simply the most glorious October and I have high, high hopes for a magical November. Remember... look for the positive and you will find it - even in a month which is not the usual choice for the "Best Month of the Year" award!

 I’m also excited to be hosting this month as it’s a long time since I last picked a kit for you all and got to come up with a couple of challenges. And… there might be a surprise in store for you later in the month… let’s see.

This might be the month you want to make a huge kit to keep you going through to the New Year because this year, like previous years, we’ll be doing something a bit different in December and will be offering a month of challenges to complement what many of you might be creating in December – December Daily or Journal Your Christmas or any of the other capture December projects.

Right, enough of the chit chat. Time to get going.

This month, I’m delighted to have Michelle Willing join us as our Guest Designer. She’s been kitting with us for a long time and it’s always lovely to see her kits and creations – if you don’t already know her, you are going to love her!

"Hello, my name is Machelle & I am excited to be a Guest Designer once again for Counterfeit Kit Challenge!  I have been scrapbooking for over 20 years, so I have quite a stash built up and I love to follow along with CKC every month for inspiration to use what I have! 

I live in Central Texas with my husband, two dogs and a cat. In addition to scrapbooking, I love to make cards, crochet and pretty much anything I see on Pinterest. You can check out my projects on my website, Small Town Scrap, or follow me on FacebookInstagram or Pinterest."


Now, onto the kit I’ve picked out for us.

I like to have a look around and see if I can find an inspiration kit from outside the US and was rather taken with the Scrapbook Werkstatt October 2022 kit “Herbstzauber” (Autumn Magic) from here in Germany. (the kit is no longer available on the site but we have linked to the Scrapbook Werkstatt main page!) 

 I’m happy that this is a somewhat different kit for the autumn we find ourselves in in the northern hemisphere, but I think it has the option of being taken in different directions to fit where you are and how you feel about this time of year depending on where you put your focus. And of course, it’s a kit with “regular” products rather than kit exclusives so you might have a piece or two in your own stash which is sometimes a good place to start. Anyway, I think it’s bright and funky and full of energy, so I hope you enjoy making your own. Herbstzauber!

Scrapbook Werkstatt October 2022 kit “Herbstzauber” 

You can find inspiration from the Scrapbook Werkstatt team here.


 Here is the hop list so that you don’t miss out on any of the team’s inspiration:

 

And of course, as always, we have a full month of inspiration to keep you inspired!

November is going to look something like this:

  • 2nd November: Just the Gist of It - to help you find an easy way into creating your kit, including the October Cherry Box Giveaway WINNER!
  • 4th November: Forgery on the Fourth - Master Forgers share simple ideas for creating kit elements 
  • 6th November: Mini-kit Reveal and Project Showcase - inspiration for a smaller kit or project idea 
  • 12th & 18th November: Challenges #1 & #2 - to inspire you to get creating from your own kit 
  • 22nd NovemberAn extra challenge to add a little extra inspiration this month!
  • 24th November: Follower Showcase - who has caught our eye this month 
  • 30th November: Killing Kits - an idea or two for using up the bits & pieces left in your kit box 

You KNOW that we always love to see your work, so please share your kits and projects with us. You can post them in our Facebook Communityor share them on Instagram (we are @counterfeitkitchallenge or tag us using #counterfeitkitchallenge and #ckcnovember2022). 

 Thanks so much for stopping by! We can't wait to see your kits and projects this month.

Lisa!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Compliance with the new European Union E-Privacy Regulation

If you leave a comment on this blog, you do so with the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog, that you have published your own personal details and that you have consented for your personal information to be displayed.
This blog is currently generated from the USA with contributors from Europe, Australia and the USA.