Tuesday, January 31, 2023

January 2023 - Kill That Kit!

 Welcome back to the last post from me this month! It's been a wonderful start to the year and if you are new, or if you've been here for years, it's GREAT to see you again and here's to a fabulously creative 2023.

Now, it's time to give you an idea for killing your kit - an old and trusted method for me... CARDS!

If you cast your mind back to my mini kit, shared on the 6th (here), you might recall that it was a card kit that I took on the road. Specifically, I picked out papers and embellishments with which I thought it would be easy to create cards with while travelling, using limited tools etc. I managed 6 and was pleased with that at the time. But there is still lots in the kit and thought I would have a go at seeing if I could do something more with the kit now that I am home with the use of more tools and maybe extras that could be added in as needed. I also have a selection of small items that I have put to one side for cards that I can dip into now that I am back.

So let's see how that worked out for me and how much of my kit is still left at the end of a card making session.

As a reminder, this is what I have left:

There is some paper cut for backgrounds already as well as some of the cut apart elements and some larger scraps which should prove really useful for layering or die-cutting.

There is actually quite a lot of extras left over and I realised that a lot of the stickers are themed in a way that will make them difficult to use on neutral cards (I don't think we are sending out Covid lockdown cards any more!!!). The paper die-cuts will be useful though as well as the alphabets so let's see how that works out!

I pottered around with the products on my desk for a few days, using my Big Shot for some die-cutting here, heading over to my sewing machine for some texture there. Over the course of about a week, I made another 9 cards! I just kept going until I had the tiniest amount of paper left - a few scraps that I am not inspired to put together! They are now back in my scrap box and the other embellishments have been tidied away.

I used up a lot of the random die-cut embellishments in the kit as well as a handful of other items while christening one or two metal dies at the same time.



I'm really happy with the result - I made a total of 15 cards and most of them are super neutral so I can use them for whatever I need.

My message to you today is not to put yourself under pressure. I allowed these products to take over my scrap table for a week while I did a bit here and there. I didn't give myself a deadline (just the date of the post!) or a goal of X number of cards. I just enjoyed the process.

If you want to kill your kit, why not just let it happen. And if it doesn't, put it on the side until you are inspired to pick it up again and move on.

I hope that you are inspired to make something and share with us. You can post them in our Facebook Communityor share them on Instagram (we are @counterfeitkitchallenge or tag us using #counterfeitkitchallenge and #ckcjanuary2023). 

 Thanks so much for stopping by! We can't wait to see your kits and projects this month.

Lisa!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Compliance with the new European Union E-Privacy Regulation

If you leave a comment on this blog, you do so with the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog, that you have published your own personal details and that you have consented for your personal information to be displayed.
This blog is currently generated from the USA with contributors from Europe, Australia and the USA.