Saturday, June 17, 2023

June 2023 - Challenge #2 - Off The Board!

Hello!  Master Forger Tara here to bring you the second challenge for June!  Let me remind you of our Inspiration Kit from Weeds and Wildflower Supply.


 Off The Board!

Using the link that I am provided below to my Challenge #2 Pinterest Board for CKCB, pick one of those layouts and use that layout to inspire you!!  

 Master Forger Christine

I chose the layout shown in the last image by Janessa Franco.  I loved the large title in the middle and I knew I could use the one from my kit that had been hanging around for years.  Rather than stripes, I went with a colorful rainbow and then stuck pretty closely with the other pattern papers.  And for the base, I used green with white stamping vs her white with green.  My pictures were bigger, so I didn't use the arrows on the top or bottom, but I dropped in a bunch of cute little embellishments around the page.  This was so fun to make!





Inspiration layout from the board!

Master Forger Tina  Chose So Rad from Scrapbook.com for her inspiration. She followed along with the inspiration using her kit to produce this layout:

You can see the inspiration layout along with Tina's layout on her blog here

Master Forger Misty chose the cascading rainbow of hexagons by Krystal Becker for Hip Kit Club. Misty was drawn to the rainbow of small color matched embellishments following the hexagons. She decided to go literal with the rainbow for her layout!

Master Forger Tara

Master Forger Tara also chose this layout by Jenessa Franco as her inspiration!  

Here's my completed layout.  These are photos of my youngest daughter, Emily, trying on wigs at a wig shop in the town they were stationed in at the time.  Emily has a disorder and doesn't have a lot of her own hair, so the wig was something that was needed since the bullies of this world decided to pick on her about wearing a hat. I think that she's beautiful with or without hair but having a wig gave her such confidence!

I stuck pretty close to the original layout but used the papers and embellishments from my own kit to make it work. This was such a fun layout to complete! 

Master Forger Laura

 Laura says, "I always love bunting or banners on my layouts, so the 'silly boys' layout on Tara's pinterest board really caught my eye! I used the washi tapes from my kit, stuck them to a scrap of cardstock and then cut out the triangles for my little flags! I just love all the bright colours."

Master Forger Leslie has more from her recent vacation:

Inspired by Allison Davis below


Let's see what we have left for you for the rest of this month:

  • 24th June - Follower Showcase
  • 27th June - Tara's Birthday Challenge
  • 30th June - Killing the Kit 

We always love to see your work, so please share your kits and projects with us. You can post them in our Facebook Community, or share them on Instagram (we are @counterfeitkitchallenge or tag us using #counterfeitkitchallenge and #ckcjune2023).

 

Master Forger Tara

No comments:

Post a Comment

Compliance with the new European Union E-Privacy Regulation

If you leave a comment on this blog, you do so with the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog, that you have published your own personal details and that you have consented for your personal information to be displayed.
This blog is currently generated from the USA with contributors from Europe, Australia and the USA.