Thursday, August 24, 2023

August 2023 - Follower's Showcase

I know I say this every month but when it's my turn to organise the inspiration kit, I really get excited to have the chance to showcase one of our awesome followers who's caught my eye with their kits, their projects and sometimes even their forgeries.

This month was no exception and it made me happy to go back through out community thread and see ALL that fabulous creativity that you've shared. The community has been so active and I'm thrilled to see so many kits and projects by so many of you! 

A special shout out goes to Anandi, DawnLyn Litz, Laurie Winiarski, Sheryle Thomas and Karren Carr to name JUST A FEW of the fabulous contributors this month. 

And not to forget our amazing Design Team who blow me away every month with their productivity and creativity - Julene, Tara, Brandi and Tina - you scrapped up a storm all month which I loved but seriously, the whole team impressed me with your August creations!

 Thanks to everyone for sharing your creations which are all so very inspiring!

But the follower I'd like to highlight today is someone new to CKC and she wowed me with a fabulous kit and some gorgeous layouts! 

Please give a round of applause to Amanda Bass!

Check out her kit:



Pretty impressive for her first Counterfeit Kit Challenge kit - there is an awesome selection of scruffy papers here!

And what about these gorgeous layouts:

I particularly love colour blocking so this caught my eye straight away.

And the super cute use of flowers and citrus die cuts on this page make a super sweet summer page!

Here's what she had to say:

"I decided to participate in counterfeit challenge this month because I have been watching some of the ladies play along for months, and really enjoy what they put together. I enjoy using kits from kit clubs but I have a lot of stash to use up, so it seemed like a perfect fit. Choosing the paper was fun as I was able to see all the papers in my stash, which like many other crafters I have too much paper!! I have my papers organized by colour and the pattern type (flowers, geometric, stripes, dots etc) so I was able to fairly quickly put my kit together by using the inspiration kit and going to that section in my stash, for example rainbow stripes, I went to my multicolour section and stripes. I tried to pick papers that had a similar tone and feel. It has been exciting to get a lot of my stash used up in August, and I am super excited to continue to play along in September!"

 

There's still one or two features to share before the end of the month so stay tuned!

  • 31st August - Killing the Kit - an idea or two focusing on using up the bits and pieces left in your kit.

You know that we always love to see your work, so please share your kits and projects with us. You can post them in our Facebook Community or share them on Instagram (we are @counterfeitkitchallenge or tag us using #counterfeitkitchallenge and #ckcaugust2023).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Compliance with the new European Union E-Privacy Regulation

If you leave a comment on this blog, you do so with the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog, that you have published your own personal details and that you have consented for your personal information to be displayed.
This blog is currently generated from the USA with contributors from Europe, Australia and the USA.