Monday, April 1, 2024

April 2024 - Just The Gist Of It!

 Hi!  Master Forger Tara here!  As you know, I did the April Inspiration Kit Reveal yesterday.  Are you stuck with what to do with your own stash?  Do you not like the inspiration kit?  Are the colors just not your thing?  Never fear!  We can talk about those things and help you to find a kit that suits you the best for this month!  First, let me remind you of the kit that I chose!


Traci Reed Felicity

 
A collage of the papers included in this kit

The Stickers in the collection

I almost always start with my papers first.  The reason I start there is 1) I adore patterned paper and it's the largest stash item that I own and 2) it helps me bring in embellishments to match my papers much better than if I started there first. This month, I did start with paper and the first two pieces I found were a dark navy blue diagonal stripe and a salmon pink solid cardstock, both from Close To My Heart. After that, I just started digging for papers that I already owned before printing a couple to use from this collection by Traci Reed (yes, I own it). 
 
I know there's a lot of pink in this kit, but let's eliminate that color for a minute.  Then, we end up with this color palette!  You are left with kraft, kelly green, jadite green, navy blue, and a peach. If you don't have photos that you can use flowers for, use some of the other icons!  There are buttons, labels, tags, wood veneer, and phrases!  Add some icons that you CAN use such as stars or hearts in the colors that you'd like to have in your kit this month!  Curating a kit out of your stash doesn't always mean that you create an identical kit!  Make a kit that you can USE with your style of scrapbooking and your photos!  


Master Forger Christine also makes us a wonderful moodboard each month to give you a sneak peek!  You could curate your kits from just the moodboard!  Here it is!
 

There are enough hints in this that you could have nailed  this month's inspiration kit without ever seeing the links.  The colors are just spot on and she has several of the icons in the inspiration kit as well. This is a great springy kit!

What if it's not spring where you are or you aren't scrapbooking spring right now? Well, you could easily use the colors and create a nice fall kit.  In fact, I have a fall paper pad that matches quite well! 
 

 The greens are spot on!  The orange is a little more orange than the peachy color in the inspiration kit but this would totally work!  This paper pad came from Michael's in case you are wondering.
 
I really hope that I have helped you make some decisions about the way you'd like your kit to go.  Make it yours!  You can do it! Please share your kits on our community group.  We love to cheer you on!

Here's what we have coming for you this month! So make sure you check out the blog!!

  •  4th April - Forgeries on the Fourth
  •  6th April - Mini Kit and Project Reveal
  •  12th April - Challenge #1
  •  18th April - Challenge #2
  •  22nd April - Challenge #3 Sketch Challenge
  •  24th April - Follower Showcase
  •  28th April - May Sneak Peek (on Instagram and the Facebook Community)
  •  30th April - Challenge #4 Baby, Use Those Scraps Challenge

We really love to hear from our followers! Make sure that you come hang out with us on the Facebook Community Group. You can also hang out with us on Instagram by tagging #counterfeitkitchallenge and #ckcApril2024!! See you next time!

Master Forger Tara

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Compliance with the new European Union E-Privacy Regulation

If you leave a comment on this blog, you do so with the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog, that you have published your own personal details and that you have consented for your personal information to be displayed.
This blog is currently generated from the USA with contributors from Europe, Australia and the USA.