Friday, April 5, 2024

April 2024 - Mini Kit and Projects Reveal

 So, what happens when you want to make a kit for the month but you know you won't have a lot of creative time during the month to play?  That's where the mini kits come in! You could make a kit as small as a page kit or as large as a 2-3 page kit!  Let me remind you of my choice of kits this month:

Traci Reed:Felicity 

Our Guest Designer created a fabulous layout with her mini kit:

You can watch her process video HERE to see her mini kit!
 

Master Forgers Brandi and Vikki have your backs this month for the mini kit and projects so I'll let them tell you all about their mini kits and projects!

Master Forger Brandi

I am always drawn to colors first when picking apart a new inspiration kit, so I started with creating a color palette to swatch out some mixed media I had in my stash to help guide me in my kit-building process. Once I had the colors laid out in front of me, I knew I had several smaller paper pads that matched! 




That's when I had the idea to use mini paper pads to make Spring/Easter cards for my April kit! The florals and colors in this kit would also work really well for Mother's Day cards, just switch up the sentiments. I used sketches from Sketch n Scrap, Try a Sketch on Tuesday and Stick it Down for my cards. 






I did include a handful of 12x12 papers as I do love this color palette and hope to create a few layouts this month as well! Follow along with me on Instagram here! I'll also be back with a layout for Challenge 2 later this month! 


Master Forger Vikki

I fell in love with the papers and embellishments in this month's kit, so I bought the kit. I used four patterned papers from the kit, then pulled some coordinating patterns and solids from my stash. I used the embellishments from the inspiration kit, added stencils, wood veneer, lots of options for fonts and enamel dots.  Here is my mini kit for the month:

 




Despite being a mini kit, I was able to complete five pages.  The colors in this kit were perfect for creating pages of my great niece, as well as a photo of my dog and me.  I had fun playing with this month's kit.  Here are the layouts I made this month.  I can't wait to see what you create with your kits.









 

Here's what we have coming for you this month! So make sure you check out the blog!!

  •  12th April - Challenge #1
  •  18th April - Challenge #2
  •  22nd April - Challenge #3 Sketch Challenge
  •  24th April - Follower Showcase
  •  28th April - May Sneak Peek (on Instagram and the Facebook Community)
  •  30th April - Challenge #4 Baby, Use Those Scraps Challenge

We really love to hear from our followers! Make sure that you come hang out with us on the Facebook Community Group. You can also hang out with us on Instagram by tagging #counterfeitkitchallenge and #ckcApril2024!! See you next time!

Master Forger Tara

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Compliance with the new European Union E-Privacy Regulation

If you leave a comment on this blog, you do so with the knowledge that your name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog, that you have published your own personal details and that you have consented for your personal information to be displayed.
This blog is currently generated from the USA with contributors from Europe, Australia and the USA.